Thread: Dealers of antique Austrian, Prussian, Russian and British swords?

Dealers of antique Austrian, Prussian, Russian and British swords?

Are there any reliable dealers of antique Austrian, Prussian and Russian swords on the internet? I already own a French An XIII Cuirassier and An XI Cavalerie Légère sabre, but I would like to take a look at Napoleon's adversaries.

Any other recommemdable French dealers other than Bertrand Malvaux?

Thanks!

Try Alban Arms in the UK.

Any German or Austrian dealers?

Dirk: I know of at least one dealer in Germany; http://www.dieterheich.de/index.php?...pe=Deutschland

Dale

Dirk: Tell me what Prussian or German Sword you want, I have many duplicates here.

Dale

Hi Dale,

Many thanks for the link. My primary interest at this moment is the Napoleonic period, so probably a Blücher sabre. But ofcourse I have to browse, compare and consider what is available. Therefore I need to see websites of German/Prussian and Austrian dealers.
    Thanks for your kind offer, but I fear that since you and I live in the US and Belgium respectively that transatlantic insured transport of swords might incur high extra costs and questions by customs. Maybe I am mistaken?

Dirk

Dirk: In the US, our International Express mail has worked for me to send edged weapons to GB and Australia, it apparently depends on the Country of destination....GB has recently made it impossible to send edged weapons to individuals' homes. I do not know what it like in Belgium at present. (Antique Athletic equipment? ie: Fencing gear??---I just do not know what prevails today in Europe.)

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Martin View Post
    GB has recently made it impossible to send edged weapons to individuals' homes.
    I don't think this bill has passed yet, unless I am behind in the news.