Thread: FS: TANTO FOLDED STEEL CLAY TEMPERED Blade

FS: TANTO FOLDED STEEL CLAY TEMPERED Blade

As part of my liquidation I now have this I purchased this tanto from lyueswords who I have had very good luck with. He has it on his website at $350 or best offer, and has sold 25.

He describes it as this:

Overall Length: 11inch / 29cm
    Blade Material: Folded Steel + Clay tempered + Abrasive

Nagasa Length: 6inch / 15.5cm

Handle Material: High Quality Ebony

Handle Length: 4.3inch / 11cm

Saya Material: High Quality Ebony

Saya Length: 7inch / 18cm

Fitting Material : High Quality Brass + Hand carved

Condition: Brand new

This handmade blade is hand forged, polished, and sharpened by our experienced smith during the whole process in the most traditional Japanese craftsmanship way.

Bo-hi is added to each side of the blade to lighten the blade and balance the sword as a whole to make better operation

Three important forging processes are applied on the blade making craft which marks it a functional, top quality, super blade:

1. BEING FOLDED 12 TIMES MADE OF AISI 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL+FOLDED STEEL IN SANMAI STRUCTURE

the blade is constructed in SAN MAI style with clay tempered craft. It is made of two different kinds of steel, the folded steel and 1095 high carbon steel. The outer steel is made of folded steel, and had been folded 12 times to create 4096 layers to create great strength and flexibility with a distinct waved texture left on the blade resulting from folded repeatedly during the forging. The core steel of the blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel with great hardness of itself. In this way the blade is hardened in a large degree.

2. CLAY TEMPERED LEFT WITH A BEAUTIFULLY REAL HAMON ON THE Blade

After the below process, the blade has been thoroughly clay tempered, first the back of blade is covered with a special clay, then the whole blade has been tempered and later quick cooled during quenching, this result in a harder edge. In this way, a beautiful real hamon on the blade comes into being as a result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering

3. POLISHED BY MULTIPLE GRADE ABRASIVE STONES

At last, the surface of the blade is polished with multiple grade abrasive stones to increase the hardness of the blade for better function and left with a white visible abrasive area on the surface of the blade.

The fittings on this sword are made of high quality copper, and they are full hand-made carved and assembled by our experienced smith which greatly increase the collection value of the sword.

As with all Chinese weapons, it is hard to tell if the description is correct. This as new, just received before a medical issue presented its self, so just as I got it

Sell for $225 shipped in US Payment by check or PayPal friends and family fruitcop@frontier.com
    Attached Images Attached Images