Thread: Landsknecht XVIc inspired dagger- For Sale

Landsknecht XVIc inspired dagger- For Sale

Trying to free up space by selling some of my old hobby knifemaking projects.

This dagger came together sort of by accident. I visited the Wawarsing Historical Society and Knife Museum in upstate NY a couple years ago. This is run by a group of local volunteers many of whom used to be connected one way or another with the Shrade knife making factory there (closed several years ago). So they had a pile of blades for sale very cheap, various styles, in different states of completion, some obviously factory seconds or out of spec. And of course one of them asked me to take it home with me… It was obviously a blade for a US M3 knife (or M4 bayonet), heat treated and ground to almost final finish.
    Long story short (details under the link below), I did it up in a XVIc Landsknecht dagger style.

There is a long discussion at the myArmoury forum (sorry if posting links to other forums is frowned upon):
    http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic....902&highlight=

See pictures in an album here: http://public.fotki.com/aindman/landsknecht-xvic-in/

Vital stats: 6 ¾” blade, 4 1/4” handle, pommel diameter 1 ½”, all fittings in nickel silver, handle wrap is 20 gauge craft wire, “gold” single thread and “silver” two threads twisted.
    The flat pommel is engraved with a design I copied from an older medieval rondel dagger (from Bashford Dean's "European Daggers" book).

Scabbard is wood (poplar) core, covered with thin leather, with nickel silver fittings. It is not all metal covered like historical examples usually were, with just a touch of landsknecht styling in the wider fileworked plates top and bottom. Heart cutouts to match the heart shaped guard.
    See pics from the back showing how it is set up for almost horizontal (slightly handle up) carry on a narrow belt.

Asking $125, shipping in continental US included.
    PayPal is the preferred payment method.

Feel free to ask any questions if interested.

Thanks.
    Alex.

Price lowered.

Asking price lowered to $90, shipping included (continental US).

Hoping someone will get if for Christmas while there is still time!

Alex.

Price lowered again

Asking price lowered to $75, shipping included (continental US).

Last try here, if it doesn't sell in a couple of weeks will put it on ebay.

Alex.

Sold!

This dagger is SOLD.