Thread: WTB book London Silver-hilted Swords by Leslie Southwick, pub Royal Armouries, Leeds,

WTB book London Silver-hilted Swords by Leslie Southwick, pub Royal Armouries, Leeds,

Hi Guys

I am trying to get hold of a copy of London Silver-hilted Swords by Leslie Southwick, pub Royal Armouries, Leeds, 2001. If anyone has one for sale please let me know, I would even settle for a PDF copy.

Cheers Cathey

Hi Cathey, there appears to be a downloadable pdf copy on Free Ebooks.net, I’ve no idea if it’s genuine, haven’t clicked on it! There is also a hellishly expensive copy on Alibris, you may have seen, Rikardo Books in the UK, he’s had it for ages so might do a deal. I’m lucky enough to have a copy so if there is anything specific your looking for I’ll gladly send it to you. Cheers, Ben.

Abebooks has one for $406 US, Amazon over $1100

I'm looking for a copy as well. One sold on Ebay about a year or so ago for $80 or $90. Unfortunately I was on the soccer field and lost track of the closing time of the auction. Still kicking myself. Any chance they would ever reprint it? Thanks for the heads up about the downloadable copy, i'll check it out when I get a free moment and see how it is.

Hi Guys

I have seen them come up on the download sites but when I try they ask for my credit card details and I get nervous. Does anyone know if one of these sites is actually OK and you will get access to the book in question?

HI Bevan, it has been referenced by Sim Comfort in relation to a sword I have, but Sim does not list the page etc, if you could scan anything to do with "James Cullum" that would be most appreciated. I am currently scanning my entire library to PDF so it there is anything you are looking for that I have let me know.

Cheers Cathey

Cathey, I checked out a number of the download sites. They all seem to start with a different homepage and then lead to the (relatively similar) register now page. I didn't get as far as you into registering. I think I'm too suspicious to take that plunge.

This antique store has a copy listed for $195 (Canadian dollars I presume) if that is tempting? Still a little to much for me. http://www.cullodenantiques.com/pages/book-list.html

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1157...-Hilted_Swords -This site looks a little more legitimate, although I did not go so far as registering.

Hi Matthew

Yep I have emailed Culloden Antiques three time now with no response.

I did eventually log on to one of these sites but what they seem to do is pretend to have the book then when you finally log on "sorry we don't have that one" very frustrating.

Cheers Cathey

To bad about the antique store. Fingers crossed maybe they are just away for the Christmas/New Years break.

Good to know about the online sites. That is very frustrating.

Happy New Year,

Matt