Thread: Another Nazi Dagger?

Another Nazi Dagger?

I'm sure this forum sees both real and fake Nazi-era blades regularly; I'm looking for help in validating or identifying one I purchased in Prague 20 years ago.

The blade is a hair under 10 inches long; the quillon is only decorated on one side and smooth on the other. The handle to me looks of a more recent era.

The only markings I can see are on the fuller as shown in the last picture; obviously a remnant of a wider design. I can only make out the letters "ING" and "FF" below that.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

Name:  Knife1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  Knife2.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  Knife3.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  100.9 KB

Always difficult to make a decision from photographs, You mention remnant of a wider design, most army daggers had plain blades with makers details near the hilt. The ING could be from Solingen and I'm sure that there will be a German manufacturer with FF near the middle of their name. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply. I do see from other sites that if it’s authentic that this is an Army “Heer” officer’s dagger. Apparently there were dozens of Solingen companies each with their own markings so the odds of identifying this one are slim I guess.

From various descriptions of the markings it sounds like one company at least had the word “Waffen” in their mark, so pure speculation says it’s possible that could be an authentic mark. Can’t tell for sure from what’s out on the Internet though.

There is a site on net google german dagger makers. It has almost everymakers mark pictured. Eric or just look here
    http://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/Makers.php
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Thank you. That led me to this site which has a dagger with the same mark. It’s “Siegfried Solingen Waffen”.

http://www.icollector.com/GERMAN-NAZ...BARD_i19468981

Dave-V; I found it earlier, but had computer glitches to deal with....Ernst Pack & Sohn, his trademark was Siegfried forging his sword or his light saber, one or the other !

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Martin View Post
    Dave-V; I found it earlier, but had computer glitches to deal with....Ernst Pack & Sohn, his trademark was Siegfried forging his sword or his light saber, one or the other !

Dale
    Thank you, and Eric and Mel!