Thread: Windlass Scottish Basket Hilted Broadsword, Regulation pattern

Windlass Scottish Basket Hilted Broadsword, Regulation pattern

For your consideration, a Windlass Steel craft regulation pattern Highland regimental officer's sword. This is not one of the admittedly attractive reproduction swords out there, but a proper current dress regulation officer's sword. The blade was made by Windlass Steelcraft to Wilkinson's specifications (from what I've been told). The blade was shipped to Coghlin & Upton here in Canada to have the all the rest of the fittings done for purchase by either an officer of a Highland regiment or by regimental stores. I don't believe there are any Canadian retailers of this pattern sword and if my research is correct, they are only now available from cutlers or outfitters in the UK. The sword itself is in excellent condition, perhaps 9-9.5/10. In the spirit of full disclosure, the buckskin/felt guard liner had been destroyed but I managed to purchase a new one from Guthrie Woods who do sword refurbishment and have a stock of proper military spec parts. I am asking $1,350. (cdn). Though I would prefer local pick up, I will ship and insure at the buyers expense. Thank you for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images