Thread: Just Came In! (pics)

Just Came In! (pics)

Recieved a package today and inside was this very cool wak! So its time to play, "Who's That Smith" game again

Sorry for the crappy pics (as usual) but its the best I could do for now when I'm taking pics indoors. I won't give any details for now and hopre that y'all might figure who made the blade just from the pics. Here goes

Last edited by JohnD; 12-11-2002 at 05:29 PM.

If it was an american. Yasutomo.
    Joe Renner

"While the man can bring balance to a sword, it will ultimately bring balace to him"

That would be my guess too. Looks like classic Yasutomo.

Wow! Very, very nice.

Answer!!!

It is a Louis Mills blade! Its one of his orishigane blade that he just finished making this month. Don't know how many layers it is but its a really cool blade. It will be up on my site for sale as soon as I'm done editing the page for it.

Thanks for playing guys

Re: Answer!!!

Originally posted by JohnD

It is a Louis Mills blade! Its one of his orishigane blade that he just finished making this month. Don't know how many layers it is but its a really cool blade. It will be up on my site for sale as soon as I'm done editing the page for it.

Thanks for playing guys

Hey, I guessed right on the other thread! Not bad for can't-tell-kantei! ;-) Just kidding. When I first saw Louie's blades about, what, 2 years ago, he had a very earthly style to his hamon. What was interesting was that the etching done to bring out the hamon also resulted in a very subtle silverish sheen and a subtle opulescence. This blade you posted has activities that seem to be in the same style. That's why I thought he made it.
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!