Thread: Louis Mills Orishigane Wak (pics)

Louis Mills Orishigane Wak (pics)

21" wak (or kat at that lenght) by Louis. I'll take more measurements tonight. Its in Louis inspection polish right now. I just wanted to share the pics and check out how the color shifts when the light hits it in different ways.

Hope y'all like it

Thanks

For the pics John. Absoloutly killer work in all respects. Louis sword, your polish and super quality pics. I hope someday I can afford to have you polish one of mine. Keep up the good work
    "If you're in a fair fight...You didn't plan it properly"

Gary B
    http://www.BradburnKnives.com/

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Gary B
    For the pics John. Absoloutly killer work in all respects. Louis sword, your polish and super quality pics. I hope someday I can afford to have you polish one of mine. Keep up the good work
    Thanks for the kind words Gary. This blade is still in Louis polish, I just took some pictures so I could put it up on my site. I don't think I'll be polishing until someone buys it and ask me to polish it. As much as I love working on Louis blades, I have to take care of my backlog first.

Cheers,

Nice Blade

I really like the activity at the hamon line. I have a question, I have never seen a Bo Hi that close to the Mune.....to be honest I really like it. Is there a special style for that or is it just the way this one was done ??

Thanks
    Dwight Pilkilton

Re: Nice Blade

Originally posted by Dwight Pilkilton
    I really like the activity at the hamon line. I have a question, I have never seen a Bo Hi that close to the Mune.....to be honest I really like it. Is there a special style for that or is it just the way this one was done ??

Thanks
    Dwight Pilkilton

Dwight: The Bo-hi was done to dress up the blade and also to lighten it considerably. It is quite a hefty piece. I wanted to take as much off as possible ,so it was cut to completely fill the shinogi-ji with just a small portion left at the mune. It made quite a difference in the feel of it. Thank you for your compliments.

Louie M. ( Yasutomo )
    Yasutomo