Thread: Source for steel

Source for steel

Good morning all,

It sems unlikely that anyone involved in this thread doesn't also read the Bladesmith Cafe, but just in case...

If you have a need for 1050 to 1070 mono steel check my post in Bladesmith Cafe under 1050 source. Pacific Machine and Tool Steel in Oregon is great. Unless Admiral steel has found a new supplier, 1084 is still a problem.

Take care,
    "If you're in a fair fight...You didn't plan it properly"

Gary B
    http://www.BradburnKnives.com/

Re: Source for steel

Originally posted by Gary B
    Good morning all,

It sems unlikely that anyone involved in this thread doesn't also read the Bladesmith Cafe, but just in case...

If you have a need for 1050 to 1070 mono steel check my post in Bladesmith Cafe under 1050 source. Pacific Machine and Tool Steel in Oregon is great. Unless Admiral steel has found a new supplier, 1084 is still a problem.

Take care,
    What is the problem with 1084?
    Patrick Hastings
    "A man without patience lives in hell"
    "He o hitte
    shiri Tsubome"

Re: Re: Source for steel

Originally posted by Patrick Hastings

What is the problem with 1084?
    Hi Patrick,

I tried to order some 1084 HR a couple weeks ago from Admireal and was informed that their supplier for 1084 had gone out of business. They said that they were looking for a new source but that for now when their existing inventory was gone that was it.

Pacific said about the same thing. Their supplier had gone out of business. We chatted awhile and it seems there are a lot of old steel mills going out of business and/or cutting back on the selection of steels they make.

I still have about 12 feet of 1084 left and will be wanting more. I hope someone finds a supplier soon.
    "If you're in a fair fight...You didn't plan it properly"

Gary B
    http://www.BradburnKnives.com/

Re: Re: Re: Source for steel

Originally posted by Gary B

Hi Patrick,

I tried to order some 1084 HR a couple weeks ago from Admireal and was informed that their supplier for 1084 had gone out of business. They said that they were looking for a new source but that for now when their existing inventory was gone that was it.

Pacific said about the same thing. Their supplier had gone out of business. We chatted awhile and it seems there are a lot of old steel mills going out of business and/or cutting back on the selection of steels they make.

I still have about 12 feet of 1084 left and will be wanting more. I hope someone finds a supplier soon.
    ACk!!Gag!! Convulses on floor from potential withdrawl of 1084

thats my Fav steel at the Moment.
    Patrick Hastings
    "A man without patience lives in hell"
    "He o hitte
    shiri Tsubome"