Thread: Rick Barrett 1086 Kat

Rick Barrett 1086 Kat

Hi y'all,

Just wanted to share some pics of a Rick Barrett 1086 kat that I finished polishing today. The fittings are made by Patrick Hastings and mounted by Robert Mullin. I've been off for the last few days from work coz I'm sick, but then again, doing finishing polish while I'm sitting around resting (when I'm not druged up of course) was ok So here ya go.

Sorry for the bad pics and hope y'all like it

Just FYI if y'all might wonder why the saya is gray. The saya is primered right now and the owner will paint it himself.
    Last edited by JohnD; 02-26-2003 at 04:40 PM.

Wow, shes pretty! My compliments to the both of you.

Joe

Originally posted by Joseph Renner
    Wow, shes pretty! My compliments to the both of you.

Joe
    Thanks Joe.

Question Shiagetogi?

Very nice! I'm especially impressed by the dark ji. I haven't found a combination of jizuya and nugui that works that well on a high carbon steel like 1086. Thanks for the inspiration.

That's a beatiful blade and a beautiful polish! If you have them I'd like to see some pictures of Patrick's habaki and tsuba too.
    Guy Thomas

Originally posted by Guy Thomas
    That's a beatiful blade and a beautiful polish! If you have them I'd like to see some pictures of Patrick's habaki and tsuba too.
    Here ya go. Sorry folks but I'm really busy trying to finish a blade right now. I'll have more to share of Patrick's work later. Just FYI, the habaki on this piece was made by Rick.

WOW

All I can do is just smile and ; this is true craftmanship at it's finest; it takes great pride in one's self and craft to create such a complete union of crafts. Bravo; and I look forward to seeing more of your fine workmanship.
    Thanks for sharing;

Dana

Originally posted by JohnD

Here ya go. Sorry folks but I'm really busy trying to finish a blade right now. I'll have more to share of Patrick's work later. Just FYI, the habaki on this piece was made by Rick.

Thanks for the close ups of the tsuba and the clarification that Rick made the habaki. Nice!
    Guy Thomas