Thread: Louis Mills Tachi

Louis Mills Tachi

Here ya go guys and gals. 30 inch Orishigane Tachi By Louis Mills. Sorry for the oil and stuff on the blade. I didn't get a chance to clean before I took some shots. I was so exited Really an Aweome Piece!!! I'll let y'all be the judge of that Enjoy

Good god, that is a beautiful hamon. Random is just the best. Very nice job on that polish! Better than I'll ever even consider trying. Who did the bo-hi?

Question John, on a piece like that one, does Mr. Mills keep them as-quenched or subsequently tempered? I'm assuming that was from steel he made himself?

Thanx for the great pics!
    Black Sheep Forge
    "To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to understand all things." - a great Zen master

Originally posted by Jason Arnold
    Good god, that is a beautiful hamon. Random is just the best. Very nice job on that polish! Better than I'll ever even consider trying. Who did the bo-hi?

Question John, on a piece like that one, does Mr. Mills keep them as-quenched or subsequently tempered? I'm assuming that was from steel he made himself?

Thanx for the great pics!
    Jason: Thank you for the compliments. The Bo-hi was done by me using a japanese style hand held cutter, files, stones and sand papers. All my blades are done as-quenched. The only thing I do is sort of a mild stress relief right after hardening. Yes the steel is my oroshigane. Everything you see on the blade at this point was done by me.

Louie ( Yasutomo )
    Yasutomo

Thanks for the reply Mr. Mills. Also, I sent you an e-mail with further questions.
    Black Sheep Forge
    "To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to understand all things." - a great Zen master