Thread: "TURKISH ARMS". By E.G.Astvatsaturjan in Russian

"TURKISH ARMS". By E.G.Astvatsaturjan in Russian

By courtesy of Russianswords

"TURKISH ARMS". By E.G.Astvatsaturjan.

This book is the first monographic publication on the history of Turkish cold weapons: swords, daggers, small-swords, broadswords. This book offers the full scientific treatment and classification of hallmarks of famous Turkish artisans from XIX-XX centuries. Fully illustrated in color, and white and black. Russian language. HARD COVER. Size 10½"×8¼"

If you think you have seen good books on Turkish / Ottoman arms, then you have not seen this book!! Really really excellent! The downside for me is that I do not speak Russian, but someday I will have this translated hopefully, or start to learn Russian .

The whole book is in Russian.

Attached Images Attached Images  

By courtesy of Russian swords

First the book deals with the army organization and depicts beautiful period illustrations.
    The weapon ornamentation and design is discussed futher and you can see beautiful sketches on page 52 and 54.

Page 56 shows some marvellous silver covered and golden covered scabbards with foliage and beautiful patterns.

From page 61-79 the armor and helmet and chainmail are discussed and brethtaking pictures.

A nice wide blade Kilic on page 86, the seal is specially analyzed and very interesting.

Page 90 shows two early kilics with downward quillions.

Page 92-93 show two more early Kilics one with a full jade grip, marvellous looks.

Page 94 two more interesting Kilics.

95 three other Kilic with Kufic inscriptions.

327pages with numerous colored pics good quality book, nice paper, hard jacket and a must for the collector of Ottoman arms. The yataghans are also classified by grip and so on. All Cimcirs, Kilics and Yataghans are classified and the blade marks are discussed.
    The saddles, guns are also discussed.

Very good book

Regards

Manoucher

By courtesy of Russian swords

Manoucher,

I speak Russian. It's a little rusty since I haven't used it much lately, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.

-Heather
    "I'm the kind of gal who likes to live life on the edge."
    -The Sure Thing

Originally posted by Heather M. Pishko
    Manoucher,

I speak Russian. It's a little rusty since I haven't used it much lately, but if I can be of any help, please let me know.

-Heather
    Heather,

Thank you very much. The whole book is in Russian! I might copy the page of contents and if you like you could translate it for me. I have to use snailmail since I do not know how to type Russian.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Manoucher

Anybody know where I can get the book? I've looked every where and can't find it!
    La Fée Verte