Thread: Another Find I know absolutely nothing about

Another Find I know absolutely nothing about

This sword has been with my family for years my grandmother has had it for over 45 years and has no idea where it came from, she said it was given to her by her uncle and she has had it ever since towards the hilt of the blade there appears to be writing it looks kind of like arabic but im no expert. If you have any info please adviseHere are the Pics

Re: Another Find I know absolutely nothing about

Originally posted by A Dutcher
    This sword has been with my family for years my grandmother has had it for over 45 years and has no idea where it came from, she said it was given to her by her uncle and she has had it ever since towards the hilt of the blade there appears to be writing it looks kind of like arabic but im no expert. If you have any info please adviseHere are the Pics
    Not really my field, but looks a lot like an Indian- or Pakistani-made "wallhanger" or tourist piece, judging from the quality of the metalwork and that velvet scabbard.

John
    "If I can't be a good example to others, at least let me be a horrible warning".

Yeah thats what i was thinking as well, but its an old wall hanger at that lol

Here is a more interesting find. This dagger was found in the chimney of a house in platsburg New York. The stamps and engravings are of a fist pointed outward and on the reverse side the initials R.C. Again I have no information about this other than that.Here are th Pictures