Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Books and articles published on Iranian Arms and Armor

My new article on Persian archery is published in the peer review university journal of the University of leoon in Spain:

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010f). El Arma Sagrada: El Combate con Arco y flecha en Irán. Revista de Artes Marciales Asiáticas, Volumen 5, Número 1, pp. 53–76.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Virginia Beach, VA and Sacramento, CA on Holidays
    Aghayeh Khorasani, manam yeh ketabeh emzashodan mekham I think it would be interesting to see the ancient persian weapons and armor. My maman says she'll buy me a copy sometime around christmas. I'm so glad I came here and found an Iranian in the community.

Also, I just now joined and was activated. What would be a proper way to introduce myself to the community?

Thank you
    Saman Ahmadi

Quote Originally Posted by Saman A. View Post
    Aghayeh Khorasani, manam yeh ketabeh emzashodan mekham I think it would be interesting to see the ancient persian weapons and armor. My maman says she'll buy me a copy sometime around christmas. I'm so glad I came here and found an Iranian in the community.

Also, I just now joined and was activated. What would be a proper way to introduce myself to the community?

Thank you
    Saman Ahmadi
    Welcome to SFI Saman and thank you very much. I will send you a pm via this forum. Do you know how it works?

Regarding your question just go the forum and open a thread and introduce yourself and activities.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

My new article on Persian maces was recently published

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010g), Persian Weapons of Power: Part 1: The Mace. Classic Arms and Militaria, Volume XVII Issue 4, pp. 42–45.

My new article is published in the Austrian journal which is the official journal for military history and army in Austria

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010h). Persischer Schwertkampf. Pallasch: Zeitschrift für Militärgeschichte. Heft 35, 14. Jahrgang 2010, pp. 23-29.

Dear friends,

My new article (the second part) on Persian archery was published in the German archery magazine:

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010i). Persisches Bogenschießen Teil II. Traditionell Bogenschiessen, 3. Quartal 2010, 56, pp. 64-67.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Something to look forward to!

Hi I'm new at this forum and...

I would love to read your book! I have enjoyd reading Oriental armour of H. Russel Robinson. As a student of the German medieval swordmanship and a admirerer of the medieval middle east, I also practice some reanactment as a Mamluk. I will certainly put all information to good use!

Ps: If someone of you guys have some information about the Furisiya or atleast some training manuals of middle east swordmanship and or other weapons. Preferably in English and is willing to share? I couldnt thank you enough.

GreetZ!

Thank you very much Sander for your kind support, Just for the record, I will add the titles of my recently published books:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010b). Lexicon of Arms and Armor from Iran: A Study of Symbols and Terminology. Tübingen: Legat Verlag.

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010a). Antique Oriental and Arab Weapons and Armour: The Streshinskiy Collection. Abu Dhabi: Antiga Arabia.

My second book has also Persian arms and armor.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

Many people have asked me about my next book via email and pm. Yes my next book is indeed about Persian swordsmanship and tradtitional martial arts of Iran. I am working on it and I hope to be able to publish it next year as soon as possible. I will let you know more about it soon.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article "Mounted Combat and Horse Classification in Persian Manuscripts" was published in the peer-review magazine International Journal of Eastern Sports & Physical Educationof the University of Suwon in South Korea:

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010j). Mounted Combat and Horse Classification in Persian Manuscripts. International Journal of Eastern Sports & Physical Education, Vol. 8 No. 2, Oct. 2010, pp. 49-64.

My new article in CAAm has been recently published:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2010k). Persian Symbols of Power: The Battleaxe. Classic Arms and Militaria, December 2010/January 2011, pp. 34-37.

Dear friends,

Many thanks for your contnuous support for all these years. I really appreciate it. I will archive this thread in the following days. Instead I will pos my future articles on the thread related to the lexicon I have recently published.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920