Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Books and articles published on Iranian Arms and Armor

Hi K.Rivkin

Thank you very much. Sure I will if you wish. You can buy the book from online Iranian stores. I know a very professional one who will do this.

Regards

Manoucher

Manoucher:

I will absolutely purchase your book as soon as it is available. Good luck with it!

Andrew

Hi Manoucher,
    I would also like to have a copy of this book,as and when,
    The Royal Armouries in the UK have alot of published books by different authors, all under one banner,
    I'm sure they might consider such a book worthy of investment or grant of some kind,just a thought.
    Good luck and i hope to see this come to light,
    Lee.

Yep, I will likely buy a copy when it appears, if there's an English version.

Paul

Manoucher, I'd love to buy your book, but Paul has brought a good point: there needs to be an English or at least a German version.

I thought that the book is in English, is not it ?

Concerning the German Publisher - it can be benefitial, if it's needed to give us and some ranking ppl on Vikingsword the email of this publishing house, so we can write the letters of support (as far as I understand they want to know if there is market for such a thing ?).

Originally posted by Kirill Rivkin
    I thought that the book is in English, is not it ?
    Manoucher says he's writing it in English and would like to publish it in English, but in a later post he says: " I have to add that publishing it in Farsi is also an option as it will be done surely by Cultural Heritage."

Manoucher? What's the definitive answer? If there is one yet

Paul

Andrew, Paul, Theodor and Kirill,

Thank you very much for your encouraging words.
    Today I received a mail from the managing director from a famous German publishing house saying that I quote "The year 2005 has started very well because you are considering us to publish this book." I am waiting for a price quote from them, they will participate but I need further investors. Just to let you know about some of the items which will be published and thoroughly discussed:

Up to now:
    1) Two Persian shamshirs of Tamerlane
    2) The shamshir of Shah Ismail the first
    3) Two shamshirs of Shah Abbas
    4) Three shamshirs of Shah Safi
    5) Shamshir of Shah Sultan Hussein
    6) Shamshir of Nader Shah
    7) Shamshir of Karim Khan Zand
    8) 3 Shamshirs of Fath Ali Shah Qajar
    9) Shamshir of Abbas MIrza Qajar
    10) 3 Shamshirs of Naseerldin Shah
    11) Shamshir of Mohammad Shah Qajar
    12) Shahska of Reza Shah

Please note that these are only few item I analyzed from Military Museum of Tehran. There are four more museums to come. The Museum of Iran Bastan will be included, so friends of bronze weapons will enjoy this book as well. Please just keep the finger crossed. I have so many Persian references that you will be able to find the missing links with the help of the roayl swords and armor which have been kept in the royal collectiosn for years.

The book will be in English for the first publication. Hopefully, in the next time, I will get a Persian publication as well.

Regards

Manoucher

Manoucher jan,

Man yeduneh me kham!! When are the books coming out? I want an autograph!!!

Khaily mamnoon,
    Jahun
    Jahun Moayedzadeh

Jahun jan,

Roye cheshm. Hatman barayat emza mikonam, duste khubam. I still need one year to. I analyzed 165 top quality items from the Military Museum of Tehran alone.

Regards

Manoucher

I will definitely purchase a copy of this book.

Manoucher,

Best of luck in finishing up your project and yes, you can count on me to buy the book as long as you autograph it

Perpinder

Yes, and maybe a picture of yourself at tea... our very own Manoucher fan club...

Will the book contain any Parthian artifacts? If so, I would certainly buy a copy.

Gregg

Perpinder and Russ,

Surely. Thank you for your words.

Gregg

All Iranian dynasties will be included. Next trip will involve an analysis of Parthian artifacts as well.

Regards

Manoucher

The book sounds like it will be an essential work. I expect to buy it (especially for the older periods).
    NEM. PERV.T QUI N.N LEG.CERT.RIT

Mark me down as another one! I will buy this when its ready, it is well worth the scholarship and pics. Keep us posted!
    Garrett McCormack

After my futile searches for sources on this subject, I'll gladly buy this book at any price

It's a late post, but I'd certainly buy one.
    Bad days involve the words terminal or malignant, everything else is small stuff.

My post is late too, but I would certainly purchase a copy of this book. It seems that Persian arms and armour is very hard to learn about, as resources are hard to come by. This book will make alot of sales, and I wish you the best of luck. I for one, will support you by purchasing a copy when it is released. The Persian culture is very underestimated and alot of people know nothing about it. I just have to thank you for taking the initiative and actually doing it yourself. Thank you!

Back from Iran: report

I was away for two weeks in Iran and analyzed the inventories of four other museums. Excellent pieces. I found many other museums in Iran to do research on. Thanks to the kind permission of Iranian Cultural Heritage Organization and Iranian Army I was granted permission to do further research. Unfortunately I was alone this time and had to do everything, measuring and taking pictures on my own (last time I was given a team). Nevertheless a big success. Iran is a great place for students and researchers of arms and armor. Alone Tehran offers more than 7 museums. From Luristan to the end of Qajar period.

Some highlights of my findings:

1) I measured three Achaemenid akenakes (one of pure gold)

2) For the first time I had the honor to analyze and see and measure four excavated Parthian swords, three with their quillons. I also analyzed four Parthian daggers, etc.

3) I analyzed and took pictures of four Sassanid swords complete with their scabbards. I also anaylzed two early Sassanid swords.

4) A lot of high quality Qajar shamshirs and other arms and armor belonging to Qajar court.

5) A lot of interesting pieces from Luristan.

I am really greatful and would like to thank all the archeologists, directors, researchers of Reza Abbasi Museum in Tehran, Iran Bastan Museum (Historic and Islamic Departments), Niavaran Palace. They were wonderful people. Thanks to them I made one more huge step towards finishing my project. I have still many museums to finish there.

Regards

Manoucher

Iran trip

Dear Manoucher,

Welcome back from what looks like a very productive trip. I look forward to seeing your photos being posted. I have never seen a photo of a genuine Parthian sword, wow!

Best regards, John

Unfortunately, I will not post any pics on this forum. I will use these pictures for my upcoming book. I am negotiating with a publishing hiouse.

Regards

Manoucher

Congratulations on the interesting trip. Perhaps once you have a deal set with a publishing house, you could use one or two of the pictures to use in promoting the book.
    "O thou most magnanimous Hero! Brave and unutterably Bold Don Quixote de la Mancha! What Language shall I employ to convince Posterity of the Truth of this thy more than human Enterprize! What Praises can be coined, and Elogies invented, that will not be outvied by thy superior Merit, though Hyperbolies were piled on Hyperbolies!"
    -Miguel de Cervantes

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast