Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Books and articles published on Iranian Arms and Armor

That's wonderful. I look forward to purchasing a copy. It seems the Middle East is one of the last blank areas for weapon history for Western enthusiasts, so this looks to be a welcome gift.

Matt
    Bad days involve the words terminal or malignant, everything else is small stuff.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards

Manoucher

Land Of Disease & Swamps AKA Eugene, Oregon
    Manoucher, this book will go a long way in bringing this information to those of us in the West who don't have access to this rich subject.

Add me to the list of those interested in purchasing a copy of this book.
    "Swords Are Fun!" - Auld Dawg

"A Sword For Show, But A Broadaxe For Dough." -
    Hagar The Horrible

Originally posted by Karl Foster
    Manoucher, this book will go a long way in bringing this information to those of us in the West who don't have access to this rich subject.

Add me to the list of those interested in purchasing a copy of this book.
    Thank you very much Karl. We are approaching the final stages of our negotiation process. I have been working very hard and I would like this book to be introduced in the next book fair this October.

Thanks again.

Regards

Manoucher

Greetings from Australia,

Manoucher i and some fellow sword collectors here in Australia are eagarly awaiting this book and look forward to it being published. Put me down for a copy and another 3 for my friends who collect swords here in Australia.

A greatest asset in any sword collection are the reference books which can sometimes be more expensive than swords themselves. They are a necessity in sword collecting and no online website or CD etc can substitute for a good reference book which can be handed down the generation so our children can learn, look at pictures and read about the wonderfull craft of the sword.

I personally enjoy sitting down with a nice glass of cognac and a cigar and a good sword reference book and enjoy imersing my self in the subject.

Keep at it my friend and iam sure everything will work out, i look forward to it and you have my full support.

best regards

Herr Edvard Von Poljak

Curats?

Dear Manoucher,

I am looking for information about the curat. It is mentioned in a 16th century book "...able to pierce anybody armed with a curats : which kind of weapon is much used by the Slavonians, Croatians, Turks, Albanians, and Hungarians".

This is from Saviolo's 'Of Honor and Honourable Quarrels' from 1595. He is an Italian Fencing Master who moved to London in 1590 and was teaching there. This book is written in English, but as spelling is not standarized at this time it is possible that curats is spelled differently. Any ideas on what kind of weapon it is?

Sincerely,

Jared Kirby

Dear JAred,

I think you posted on a wrong thread . I still do not know what kind of weapon it is.

Regards

Manoucher

Dear Manoucher,

I'm sorry, I am quite overworked right now. I was reading this thread about your book, which sounds quite interesting, and I thought "oh he might know about curat". Sorry about that!

Sincerely,

Jared Kirby

No problem Jared, thank you for your support.

Regards

Manoucher

Mamoucher I await the publication of your book with eager anticipation. I am absolutely positive this will be a seminal work, so do let me know when it will be available to buy.

Thanko you Arvil for your kind words and support.

Regards

Manoucher

I am also eagerly awaiting the publication of your work, Manoucher. I'm definitely on the list of future buyers.
    "The truth shall make ye fret."

Originally posted by J. Padgett
    I am also eagerly awaiting the publication of your work, Manoucher. I'm definitely on the list of future buyers.
    Thank you very much my friend. I am right now in the middle of an interesting project and will report soon.

Thanks very much for your support, I really appreciate it.

Regards

Manoucher

Back from Iran

I was away for two weeks and could hardly post here and analyzed the inventories of the following museums for my book:

Military Museum Shiraz
    Military Museum Bandar Anzali (in the north)
    Pars Museum Shiraz
    Naderi Museum in Mashad (north east)
    The inventory of Iran Bastan Museum in Tehran on Marlik and Amlash.

The journey was very stressful and I flew to different places in Iran and now I am really tired!

I would like to thank Iranian Army and Cultural Heritage Organization for their kind permission so that I could analyze the wonderful inventory of these museums.

Now the part on museums is finished and I will hand in my manuscript to the publishing house in couple of weeks.

The inventories of the following museums are included in my book:

Tehran

1) Military Museum Tehran
    2) Iran Bastan Museum Tehran: a) prehistoric, b) historic and c) Islamic eras.
    3) Reza Abbasi Museum Tehran
    4) Muzeye Melat Tehran
    5) Sahebgaraniye Palace in Niavaran Palace Tehran
    6) Muzeye Sabz Tehran

Shiraz

7) Military Museum Shiraz
    8) Pars Museum Shiraz

Bandar Anzali

9) Military Museum Bandar Anzali (in the north)

Mashad
    10) Naderi Museum in Mashad (north east)

Regards

Manoucher

I merged the thread "Bacxk from Iran" with the thread "Book on Iranian Arms and Armor."

Regards

Manoucher

impressive !!
    I'm glad your safely back home

I can hardly wait to see the beauties in this book.
    It sounds like alot of work but i truly believe it'll be worth all the effort..

are there any pieces that truly stand out as exceptional amongst all these top-notch blades ?
    ( just overly curious, as usual..

thank you and take care my friend
    Greg

Originally posted by Greg Thomas
    impressive !!
    I'm glad your safely back home

I can hardly wait to see the beauties in this book.
    It sounds like alot of work but i truly believe it'll be worth all the effort..

are there any pieces that truly stand out as exceptional amongst all these top-notch blades ?
    ( just overly curious, as usual..

thank you and take care my friend
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Yes I took pictures of wootz patterns which are magnificent. Believe me there are such patterns I have never seen before. They make Nihonto blades pale in terms of beauty and also efficiency as they were heavy and substantial warblades. Greg, I have put so much time and energy into this and hope that this book will be published soon.

Regards

Manoucher M.

oh, i'm very excited

I'm looking forward to seeing these patterns.. .. and especially the heavy war blades....

there is no doubt that watered steel is a beautiful work of art...

i'm very envious that you've seen these swords in person... and also very greatful that your putting together the book..

take care
    Greg

Thank you very much Greg for your supportive words. The amount of work on this project has been really huge and I appreciate your support, Thanks

Manoucher

eagerly waiting

this book will fill in some much needed gaps in the knowledge of islamic arms. there is very little written, to my knowledge, and i am sure this will be one of the most important books in any library.

I will definitely purchase a copy...

Re: eagerly waiting

Originally posted by p.macreviss
    this book will fill in some much needed gaps in the knowledge of islamic arms. there is very little written, to my knowledge, and i am sure this will be one of the most important books in any library.
    Thank you very much Phil for your kind words.

Regards

Manoucher

Originally posted by Thomas Chen
    I will definitely purchase a copy...
    Thanks Thomas.

regards

Manoucher

I am happy to announce that the contract between the publishing house and me was signed and in couple of weeks, we will introduce a short summary and introduction of the book on the web. Let us celebrate this moment.

Regards

Manoucher

Mubaraka Manoucher Jaan!

"If metal can be polished to a mirror-like finish,
    What polishing might the Mirror of the Heart require"

Rumi

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast