Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Books and articles published on Iranian Arms and Armor

Dear friends,

My article in Spanish titled "El shamshir persa: historia y orígenes" is published in the current issue of the famed Spanish history magazine: Memoria la historica de cerca.

I will publish a number of articles about Iranian arms and armor in Spanish soon.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article Um 1196 Beschrieben: Nitrieren mit Entenkot.
    Hephaistos, 7/8, pp. 24-25. is published in the current issue of the German magazine Hephaistos. There I introduce another Persian mansucript on crucible steel making written by Nezami. The manuscript titled Javahername-ye Nezami. I will report on m last articles soon,
    Kind regards
    Manochehr

Dear friends,

My article Persische Krummdoclhe was just published in the German Magazine Militär & Geschichte:

July 2008: Persische Krummdolche. Militär & Geschichte. Nr. 40. August/September 2008, pp. 44–49.

To see the cover of the magazines of my last articles please see:

http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....publicity.html

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

The review of Ms. Parinaz M. Ghandi the editor of the magazine Parsiana of my book Arms and Armor from Iran was published in the current issue of Parsiana magazine:

http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....ty_Ghandi.html

Dear friends,

My new articl on qame and qaddare was published:

August 2008: Edged Weapons: Qame and Qaddāre Short Swords of Iran. Classic Arms and Militaria. Volume XV Issue 4, pp. 46–50.

Thre you can se Qajar period paitings of soldiers carrying qame and qaddare. These are uniqu pictures from Iranian museums. For the cover see:

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My article on Beirunis manuscript was published in German recently:

August 2008: Eisen, Stahl und Schmiedetechniken: Al-Jamahir fi Marefat al-Jawaher, das Manuskript des persischen Wissenschaftlers Abu Reihan Beiruni. Hephaistos, 9/10, pp. 60-61.

KInd regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article on Persian military swords with unique pictures of Iranian army during the Qajar period with European style military swords and also some samples of Iranians military swords from the Military Museum of Iran is just published:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2008q). East Meets West: Iranian Military Swords 1794–1925. Classic Arms and Militaria. Volume XV Issue 5, pp. 42–46.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Quote Originally Posted by Manouchehr M. View Post
    The review of Ms. Parinaz M. Ghandi the editor of the magazine Parsiana of my book Arms and Armor from Iran was published in the current issue of Parsiana magazine:

http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....ty_Ghandi.html
    I was delighted in having an opportunity in seeing this title at The Higgins Armory Museum. While I was only able to spend a brief look at browsing this title, I was impressed with the format and depth. This will truly be a manuscript useful now and moving forward. Even with the costs of some books available, I believe the title will be a genuine bargain for those having this in hand.

Cheers

Hotspur; they keep it behnd the store display but are helpful for those looking to see it inside

Thank you very much Glen, I really appreciate your support.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr
    Last edited by Manouchehr M.; 04-23-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Although the book Disc-headed Bronze Pins from Luristan: A Symbol of Ancient Iran’s Art by Ms. Souri Ayazi does not deal in weapons, the decoartion methods on these pins help greatly to understand the bronze weapons from Luristan. I was honored to be chosen as the chief editor of this book.

http://www.persianmirror.com/Article...SubCategory=32

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

I am really happy to announce that my article "The History of Persian Šamšir" was published in the peer-review journal Payam-e Bastanshenas (Journal of the Archaeology of the Islamic Azad University of Abhar). This is the academic magazine of Azad University of Abhar in Tehran. My article is in English and titled:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2008r). The History of Persian Šamšir. Payam-e Bastanshenas (Journal of the Archaeology of the Islamic Azad University of Abhar). Volume 4, No. 8. Autumn 2007 – Winter 2008, pp. 9–18.

For the cover of the magazine see :

There are seven other articles written by archaeologists, historians, and art historians in the same issue.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new artilce is on a Persian text from India on sword classification. A marvelous text which I found in the archives. This text will be introduced completely in my lexicon:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009a). Wie Blankwaffen beurteilt wurden. Das Persische „Taìd Besarat" von 1706–1707 – ein detailliertes Manuskript über Schwerter. Hephaistos, 1/2, pp. 60–61.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My first article on Persian firearms (royal collection of Tehran) is published in CAAM:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009b). Persian Firearms Part One: The Matchlocks. Classic Arms and Militaria. Volume XVI Issue 1, pp. 42–47.

KInd regards
    Manouchehr

World Book Prize

Dear friends,

I just came back from a wonderful journey to Iran. I took part in the ceremony of the World Book Prize of Iran. I am happy and proud to announce that book "Arms and Armor from Iran: The Bronze AGe to the end of the Qajar Period" has won the most prestigious award in Iranian Studies. For a list of other winners and about the procedure and selection criteria of this award, see:

http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....ard_prize.html

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Glitch on Your Book's Web Site

Manoucher,

For some reason, the contributors/editors link on the web site forArms and Armor from Iran was removed. I am sure Legat made a mistake in removing it. Could you inform the publisher (Alexander Frank or the appropriate person) to post the link again?

Hi Doug,

The contributors page wasn't removed, it has been merged with the acknowledgements page.
    http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....ledgement.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Howard View Post
    Hi Doug,

The contributors page wasn't removed, it has been merged with the acknowledgements page.
    http://www.arms-and-armor-from-iran....ledgement.html
    Dan and Manoucher,

So it has been removed from its former spot at the top of the page and placed within the acknowledgments. For some reason, the contextual information for each author was removed, which seems a little strange at least. Maybe Manoucher could address this point.

Dan and Manouchehr,

It's all cleared up--thanks for the information.

Doug

Dear friends,

My new article on Persian shamshir in German is published in the new edition of Karfunkel Combat:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009c). Die Geschichte des persischen Shamshir. Karfunkel: Combat. Nr. 5, pp. 59–60.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article on Persian swordsmaship is published. For more information see here please:

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthr...45#post1066445

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009d). Las Técnicas de la Esgrima Persa. Revista de Artes Marciales Asiáticas. Volumen 4, Número 1, pp. 20–49.

Dear friends,

My article on Persian flintlocks was recently released:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009e). Persian Firearms Part Two: The Flintlock. Classic Arms and Militaria. Volume XVI Issue 2, pp. 22–26.

Dear friends,

For your information my article on Persian percussion cap locks with examples from royal collection of Iran was just published:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009g). Persian Firearms Part Three: The Percussion Cap Lock. Classic Arms and Militaria. Volume XVI Issue 3, pp. 18–23.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

The recent issue of the RAMA the journal o the university of Leo features my article on fighting techniques with daggers and knives in Persian swordsmanship:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009h). El Combate con Armas Blancas Cortas en la Esgrima Persa. Revista de Artes Marciales Asiáticas. Volumen 4, Número 2, pp. 38–53.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article on Persian khanjar has recently been published in the magazine of the Ministry of Culture in Iran:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009i). Curved double-edged Persian Dagger. Echo of Islam. No. 218, June-July 2009, pp. 18-29.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

Dear friends,

My new article on akenakes was released in the peer review journal of the Muzeha magazine in Tehran. This is the official museums magazine in Iran:

Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2009j). Akenakes Madi va Parsi: Selahha va Zerehhaye Iran [Median and Persian Akenakes: Arms and Armor from Iran]. Translated into Persian by Ashraf Haji. Muzeha, 47, Fall and Winter 1387, Spring 1388, pp. 49-53.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr
    Last edited by Manouchehr M.; 09-05-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast