Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Books and articles published on Iranian Arms and Armor

Originally posted by MumtazB
    Mubaraka Manoucher Jaan!

Merci va Motshakeram Mumtaz jan. I would like to thank you and all the friend on this forum and other fora who have shown support for me and my book. I am really very very happy. All those years and nights and weekends. It was not easy, it was at times very difficult. Now everything is fine and I am extremely happy.

Thanks again Mumtaz jan.

Regards

Manoucher

I am glad and happy for you. You've worked very hard and myself and many others have benefited from your hard work, and I very much look forward to learning more about these weapons and their history from your book.
    Of course I would like you to sign it my friend.

Thankyou for all your efforts and hard work
    "If metal can be polished to a mirror-like finish,
    What polishing might the Mirror of the Heart require"

Rumi

Originally posted by MumtazB
    I am glad and happy for you. You've worked very hard and myself and many others have benefited from your hard work, and I very much look forward to learning more about these weapons and their history from your book.
    Of course I would like you to sign it my friend.

Thankyou for all your efforts and hard work
    Thank you very much Mumtaz jan. I really appreciate your support.

regards

Manoucher

Congratulations and well done! I look forward to hearing more about your book, and I may well buy a copy if my finances allow.

Alun
    As the madmen play on words and make us all dance to their song
    To the tune of starving millions
    To make a better kind of gun...

Originally posted by Alun B.
    Congratulations and well done! I look forward to hearing more about your book, and I may well buy a copy if my finances allow.

Alun
    Thank you very much Alun. I am very busy at the moment and sorry that it took longer for me to post here. Thanks again my friend.

Regards

Manoucher

Ofcourse I knew that the book company would sign... ..

bravo I'm very happy !! Your hard work and effort is at the core of this book... it is a great work in all aspects..

can't wait to see it.... and the sneek peek..
    Greg

Manoucher,
    Fantastic new's on the book,i look forward to asking you to sign a copy for me too as and when the book is available,
    Congratulations on getting this work onto the presses and i look forward to seeing it in print,

Thanks for undertaking this project, Manoucher! Please include me amongst those eager to read your book.
    -Thom Brogan

"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

Originally posted by Lee O.
    Manoucher,
    Fantastic new's on the book,i look forward to asking you to sign a copy for me too as and when the book is available,
    Congratulations on getting this work onto the presses and i look forward to seeing it in print,
    Thank you Lee for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Regards

MAnocuher

Originally posted by Thomas Brogan
    Thanks for undertaking this project, Manoucher! Please include me amongst those eager to read your book.
    Thank you very much Thomas. Thanks for your support.

regards

Manoucher

Originally posted by Greg Thomas
    Ofcourse I knew that the book company would sign... ..

bravo I'm very happy !! Your hard work and effort is at the core of this book... it is a great work in all aspects..

can't wait to see it.... and the sneek peek..
    Greg

Greg

Thank you very much.

Regards

Manoucher

Hi Manoucher,

I would like to add my congratulations and thanks for the great work you have done. I look forwards to purchasing a copy of your tome and shall enjoy it immensly i am sure.

Thank you once again and i wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Salaams,

Q.

Dear Qanun,

Thank you very much for your supporting words. I am still writing and revising. I need to be finished soon, due to the project deadline

Regards

Manoucher

Update on my book

Dear friends,

Finally, I handed in the last version of the draft of my book and the pictures and sketches/ drawings that accompany the text (I have been providing the publishing house with pictures and sketches over the last weeks already). Just I wanted to let you know that the text will be edited, the pictures have been optimized and the sketches/ drawings have been digitally worked on.

From today, I will be concentrating on the cataolgue. We are getting closer to the publication of the book.

Regards

Manoucher

Wonderful!!!!!!

I am also wainting in line for my copy. Bravo and thank you so much for the hard work and devotion you have put into this. I am sure it will be a great success for you and a wonderful resource for all of us.

Has there been any indication of the publication price of the book yet? I need to put it into my budget :-D

Anthony

Excellent job Manoucher, I can't wait for the book!
    Click on my website to see my gallery of blades that have a recurve. I've also got a gallery of historical Gunblades in there too.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/NinjaNerd321/Gunblades/
    ^_^

Re: Wonderful!!!!!!

Originally posted by Anthony Rischard
    I am also wainting in line for my copy. Bravo and thank you so much for the hard work and devotion you have put into this. I am sure it will be a great success for you and a wonderful resource for all of us.

Has there been any indication of the publication price of the book yet? I need to put it into my budget :-D

Anthony
    Thank you very much for your encouraging words Anthony. Unfortunately I do not know how much the price will be. This a a huge volume with thousands of pictures and primary sources. I will report as soon as I have the information.

Thanks again my friend.

Regards

Manoucher

Originally posted by Joe Thompson
    Excellent job Manoucher, I can't wait for the book!
    Thank you very much Joe for your kind words.

Best regards

Manoucher

Fantastic!

I hadn't checked this thread in a long time and nearly lept from my chair with all this good news. Congratulations and well done Manoucher! If I managed to fit the new three-volume english Shahnameh into my budget, I can surely purchase this book of yours.

I only wish that somebody would undertake a similar endeavor for the arms of every culture. Many nations have just as rich a martial heritage as Iran, but few have been quite as ignored. The history of Persia is a relatively obscure thing here in America (I do not kid you when I say that most Americans don't even know that Persia and Iran are the same place). Yet, now there is one more cause for hope.

I offer you sincere thanks, Manoucher, there are far too few true scholars in the world.

Thank you very much for your kind words and support Ian. I really appreciate your support. I am sure you will love the book.

All the best my friend.

Regards

Manoucher

Originally posted by Ian McLeod
    Fantastic!

I hadn't checked this thread in a long time and nearly lept from my chair with all this good news. Congratulations and well done Manoucher! If I managed to fit the new three-volume english Shahnameh into my budget, I can surely purchase this book of yours.

I only wish that somebody would undertake a similar endeavor for the arms of every culture. Many nations have just as rich a martial heritage as Iran, but few have been quite as ignored. The history of Persia is a relatively obscure thing here in America (I do not kid you when I say that most Americans don't even know that Persia and Iran are the same place). Yet, now there is one more cause for hope.

I offer you sincere thanks, Manoucher, there are far too few true scholars in the world.

UPdate

Dear friends,

Just for your information, I sent the first part of the cataolgue on copper, bronze, gold, iron and steel swords to the Publishing House. It includes many high quality museum pieces from 11 museums in Iran and few top-notch items from private collections. I also handed in the text of the catalogue on this part.

The publishing house is going to optimize the pictures.

The text editing is already in the process and next week I will receive the first chapters of the book for the review. This work requires lots of input and energy, really amazing.

Regards

Manoucher

Thanks Manoucher,

Let me know when and where I can buy it when its done.

All the Best
    Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Demetrick
    Thanks Manoucher,

Let me know when and where I can buy it when its done.

All the Best
    Jeff
    Thank you Jeff. Soon the publishing house will introduce the book on its website. There will be an introduction on the book's contents and as well some very nice pictures of some selected items in the book. They will offer the book on their site so that you could order it directly there. Other vendors will also be considered, we will think aout all possibilities.

I forgot to mention that at the moment I am working on the catalogue parts and numbering the pictures of kards, pish Qabz, Khanjar, Separ, Tabar, Gorz, Neyze, Zereh va Joshan, Qame and Qaddare. Soon I will deliver them and then the reviewing starts. I am really exhausted. This has been going for years!

The digitial optimizations of my drawing look excellent. I received some samples yesterday.

Thanks again for your interest Jeff.

Regards

Manoucher

I forgot to mention that I will present my book in October in the International Book Fair in Frankfurt. We will also distribute a brochure with nice pictures from my book there. The book will be launched in December this year.

Regards

Manoucher

Originally posted by Manoucher M.
    The book will be launched in December this year.
    Excellent news! Please accept my thanks for undertaking such a large project.
    -Thom Brogan

"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast