Thread: Some up coming things from John Lundemo

Lightbulb Some up coming things from John Lundemo

Sorry no pics yet, this is just an fyi.

The nagamaki blade that sold is to be given a full on art polish, in lieu of the recent volitile thread in the general forum, I'd like to say that it will most likely be a hadori polish as the blade has been heat treated in the soshu-den style, soshu blades are more fitting to a hadori polish. This blade is currently with John getting a nice habaki made. It should be done by the end of novemeber/mid december.

2nd, ah the imfamous "Drying Pole" the polish on this blade should be completed end of october. This blade is a big shobu, plain and simple, very much to John's taste, it touches upon the yamato-den tradtion, very high shinogi, strong diamond cross section, about an 1/8in sori, mindare hamon, definetly a cutter, I am not sure when the mount will be done as I am hunting for appropriate fittings. This blade is to be given a sakishomi finish.

3rd also expected to be done with polishing end of october, a very nice yamato-den shinogi zurkuri katana, heat trated in the soshu tradition. Suguha hamon in nioi deki. Longish chu-kissaki. Slender blade but it has enough niku that it would handle heavy cutting no problem. I am also hunting for japanese fittings, I may go hondachi with this one. This blade will also be given a hadori polish.

4th I may be getting in a 1050 katana blade from John to give a polish to, no mount just a polish, not sure on this one as john was/is experimenting with some 1050 going after some more agressive types of hamon and activity.

Anyhow just some ramblings and a few things to keep an eye out for in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned.
    -Karl
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....

Blog Entries
    The 1050 blade turned out mint, gonna send to karl for polishing. Karl I think you are going to flip when ya see the hamon on this. Since noone seems to like the giant tachi blade I made, I am going to play with it. Maybe I will shorten it or re-heat treat. At any rate I also have a couple wakizashi blades coming, when I can get to heat treating them.
    "Ah, the old disco room.......just as I left it!" Cassanova Frankenstein

"It's all about having a good time!" Ricky Martin

"We are number one....all others are number two or lower!" The Sphinx

"Let me put my poems in you!" Chazz Micheal Micheals

www.odinblades.com

Just an amendment, the soshu shinogi zurkuri blade, I orginally thought had a suguha hamon on it, is in fact done in hitasura. I have decided against a hadori style finish on this blade, I am just going to see what the steel wants to do.

Once again it seems John has shown his versitility in doing this sword this way.

-Karl
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....