Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures of handle wrapping

I recieve my spear shafts tomorrow and then i'll start with my project. I'll be sure to post some images
    Bye, bye baby
    Don't be long
    I worry about you
    While you are gone
    - Ivy

Looking forward to the images.

Old thread on Chinese handle wraping by Ec Denyer with lots of nice contributions, four pages. There is a video of wraping in there to by William.
    http://forums.swordforum.com/showthr...threadid=47591

Some fine pictures to watch while we are waiting, the old thread Oxtail restoration by William Reinman, very nice dao and very nice work, plus pictures of wrap work
    http://forums.swordforum.com/showthr...il+restoration
    Last edited by Klas Larsson; 02-01-2006 at 02:02 PM.

I've never been able to get that video to download Perhaps there is some sort of restriction on his bandwidth or my firewall?
    And yeah, that is a very fine piece of restoration with a lovely blade
    Bye, bye baby
    Don't be long
    I worry about you
    While you are gone
    - Ivy

i just figured out a way to fuse this method with katate maki with the flat strips! you just do a spiralling action in the middle! or is that painfully obvious?
    "Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid,
    Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
    Good! Said the baron, while sitting in his hall,
    But Iron, Cold Iron, is master of them all." - Kipling

Lightbulb

After a long break I've returned to these forums and, guess what, handle wrapping is still the hot topic it always was

The video in the thread mentioned above I happen to have on my hard-disk and will be happy to share with people, but I don't have my bandwidth available on my personal site so if someone can offer to host it, please come forward!

Also if you'd simply like me to send it to you, I can use something like yousendit.com to get it to you.

Hope I can help...

Denyerec

Here's one of the handle wrapped, detachable spear shafts i've made. This is the small one. I'm gonna equip it with a tip at some point aswell.
    Each of the sections are connected so that the beginning of each section goes through the end of the other. I'm going to get some closeups of it when the light is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Thøger Kari; 03-14-2006 at 05:33 AM.
    Bye, bye baby
    Don't be long
    I worry about you
    While you are gone
    - Ivy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12