Thread: Please READ THIS FIRST before posting

Please READ THIS FIRST before posting

The first and foremost rule of etiquette on SFI's forums is that you must be warm and friendly.

Of late I have observed a higher-than-usual level of politicking by a select few in the industry, and this phenomenon is not restricted to any one website but whichever these users frequent.

They troll, bait, insinuate subtly, or attack overtly with the purpose of manipulating and aggrevating Moderator. Then when banned or their thread/post is trashed, they go to another site and launch a selfish attack at how the Moderator clamped them down.

Excuse me gentlemen, but we're gentlemen here, grown up, mature and academic, right? Why is it that we're seeing behavior worse than a schoolyard sandlot fight? This is absurd and shameful. Those of you who are the trolls, you know this is immature and jealous behavior. Stop it now.

You are warned. Willful disregard of the forums' code of conduct will result in account termination. You are required to follow the rules of this website PERIOD. You clicked "I AGREE" to those rules when you signed up for account creation; defying the rules is a DIRECT INSULT TO ME. If you can't act "Warm and Friendly" and be on your best conduct, then you shouldn't be posting here.
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!

Re: Please READ THIS FIRST before posting

I had to ban someone today for defying what I've written. This was my response to an unkind PM (private message) send to aggrevate one of my moderators.

And, Rule #1 on SFI's forums is: BE WARM AND FRIENDLY. That PM was not warm and friendly. If you click "I AGREE" to the rules and then you defy me behind my back and I catch wind of it, simply put: I don't want you on my site any more. Further, we will delete all your alias accounts and we track by IP address. If you try coordinating your efforts with other people or try registering from another IP address, don't blame me for doing a ban by geography. Then it will be your fault and only your fault for being a political mouthpiece. By the way, mouthpieces are usually more echo and less voice; they only know how to mimick what they think is from people who are "in the know" -- an analogy among the Chinese is the bamboo: you may come across as hard on the outside but inside you are hollow and of no substance.

"But... but he locked my thread / deleted my post because any opinion other than his own gets deleted." No, Einstein. You broke the rules. What part about "Be warm and friendly" and my warning of playing politics do you not understand? And because you post on another website's forum, we watch both and we see the motivation of your post on SFI, and deduce from both that you're being an ass.

But I guess there's no glory on the other forum if you admit you were banned for being a jerk; it's far easier blaming the other party for "cover up" or "not agreeing" with you, etc., claim persecution, etc. Just grow up.

Please know that Moderators are held in high esteem -- especially by me -- because of their great generosity of sharing knowledge and experience and their sacrifice of time to help us learn and advance. Anything said that fails to be "warm and friendly" (Forum Rule #1) and that is unkind to the moderator of a forum will result in account termination. The moderators do not expect people to agree with them 100% but I do expect people to be respectful to the moderators.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Any further violations, and I may become inclined to post names before kicking asses.
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!