Thread: Shamshir from Persia->Turkey

Shamshir from Persia->Turkey

i have inherited a sword of which I am not exactly sure where to place it and what its value would be. Came down from a family living and trvaelling in the 19th century in the lower Danube/Kaukasian area. The rest is in the dark for me.
    Any commetns to find out more about his genuine piece would be welcomed. Arabian inscription not legible because I don't read Arab.
    George99
    Attached Images Attached Images    

George

Please visit:

http://swordforum.com/forums/form/support_renameid.html

... and submit your name change request. Your user ID does not comply with our requested format.

Thank you.
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!

Its Indian, and called a "naga," which is the Indian word for snake.

I used to have one myself, but sold it to a man named Carl Young a few months ago.

Can't help you with the inscription, sorry.

Oh, and welcome to Sword Forum! Make yourself at home (after making the necessary adjustments) and don't hesitate to ask any further questions.
    Click on my website to see my gallery of blades that have a recurve. I've also got a gallery of historical Gunblades in there too.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/NinjaNerd321/Gunblades/
    ^_^

What Joe said. When I met Hank Reinhard and talked to him about the bewildering variety of blades from the subcontinent he came up with a great phrase "The South Indian Flamboyant School"
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only if the pen is very sharp and the sword is very small.