Thread: Hi Again

Blog Entries

Hi Again

I see no one else posts in this thread for some reason. The last post was like a year ago. Maybe they should open this forum up to the general public? I'ld like to talk about some new Jerry Rados high layer steel I am using for a new Daisho set that is along the same lines as the Hula girl sword I made for Odin frog. The hamon on that sword was done with a clay and brine water quench, but the last time I quenched a damascus piece it was a double edge broadsword and it was in 400 degree oil. The hamon came out mint in that as well. I am doing a damascus leaf blade and scimitar in the clay and hot oil as well but am undecided as to the quench for the new damascus daisho. This steel shows the hamno well with both methods, maybe alittle more frosty with the water. What do you guys think?
    "Ah, the old disco room.......just as I left it!" Cassanova Frankenstein

"It's all about having a good time!" Ricky Martin

"We are number one....all others are number two or lower!" The Sphinx

"Let me put my poems in you!" Chazz Micheal Micheals

www.odinblades.com

Water John, Water...

You'll get a package from me this week and you'll see why.

-Karl
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl J View Post
    Water John, Water...

You'll get a package from me this week and you'll see why.

-Karl
    Yeah I tend to agree, at least for the Japanese styled swords. Plus with your stone polish it will show even more. This steel turns out soooo hard, harder than the 1075 blades I been sending you. So I don't want to hear no bitching when they eat your stones up. I'll make sure there ain't too much niku

www.odinblades.com

keep up the good work John and Karl.
    Look forward to seeing good , detailed pics of the Jerry Rados piece once its all polished up. Karl, I'd also like to see pics of this latest piece you're sending to John. Sounds interesting!

Once my shamshir is outta da way I wanna long wak John ....plus a few tantos
    "If metal can be polished to a mirror-like finish,
    What polishing might the Mirror of the Heart require"

Rumi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MumtazB View Post
    keep up the good work John and Karl.
    Look forward to seeing good , detailed pics of the Jerry Rados piece once its all polished up. Karl, I'd also like to see pics of this latest piece you're sending to John. Sounds interesting!

Once my shamshir is outta da way I wanna long wak John ....plus a few tantos
    Hi Mumtaz, I believe it is some pictures of some Japanese stuff Karl is sending me for reference, ain't that right Karl? He is finishing up some polishing for some Odins though that will be up for sale asap, as we could use the paycheck. One of them is the infamous Drying pole and a tanto blade. There is also saber thingy made for slab sides with a wide hamon that I sent him a while back, that could be quite interesting.

www.odinblades.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Lundemo View Post
    Hi Mumtaz, I believe it is some pictures of some Japanese stuff Karl is sending me for reference, ain't that right Karl? He is finishing up some polishing for some Odins though that will be up for sale asap, as we could use the paycheck. One of them is the infamous Drying pole and a tanto blade. There is also saber thingy made for slab sides with a wide hamon that I sent him a while back, that could be quite interesting.

Some pictures heh, you've got a couple hundred dollars worth of books going out tonight you should have 'em weds afternoon. Complete with post-its of my random worthless rambling thoughts.

-Karl
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....