Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite Arab Jambiya or Khanjar dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalo G View Post
    Thank you for your response, Emanuel, very interesting points. Perhaps Manouchehr can help us about the iranian historical status of this weapon. And yes, I visit often Oriental-Arms, since I can´t collect antique wepons and there is not a single jambiya-kanjar in the museums of my country, so I collect files and photos.
    Gonzalo,

Actually this thread is only meant for Arab jambiyas. NOte that in Persian the word jambiya does not mean anything. The word khanjar is used for curved double-edged weapons. So calling a Persian/Iranian dagger a jambiya is a misnomer.

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Oh, please excuse us, Manouchehr, we did not meant to post off-topic, we were just thinking in the relation of the jambiya with their equivalents in the islamic world, their morphology and history. And besides, nobody called a persian wepon "jambiya" in this posts.
    Last edited by Gonzalo G; 03-18-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalo G View Post
    Oh, please excuse us, Manouchehr, we did not meant to post off-topic, we were just thinking in the relation of the jambiya with their equivalents in the islamic world, their morphology and history. And besides, nobody called a persian wepon "jambiya" in this posts.

Gonzalo

No problem at all. I just wanted to point that out so that we stick to Arab jambiyas/khanjars here. Thanks no problem

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Gonzalo

I will continue with this thread soon. I was very busy my friend.

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Thank you very much, I appreciate your concern, Manouchehr. I´ll wait, don´t feel pressed by me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12