Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oni-Forge Shobu Zukuri...

Thumbs up The saga ends...

Hey guys,

Good news, Loren came through for me and resolved this issue. No more shobu but I did get something very nice with a dragonfly theme

It seems to me, at least on my end Loren is trying to make ammends. He's been responsive and helpful, which is a very nice change.

Now that I see something from his tengu line I am much more impressed than the hannya line and wish I had gone that route to begin with, not just with Oni-Forge but with all companys I have dealt with. It is true you get what you pay for..(for the most part at least, in rare cases you get more than you paid for).

I hope some of you who are new to this industry/hobby/profession realize the mistake I made. I thought getting two swords for my money was even better than getting one nicer sword for my money. I cheaped out and went for quantity, and I lost. I no doubt think there is a market there for the sub$200 swords but I will no longer be a part of it

Thanks again to you all for your support and chiming on the subject, I believe we can all learn a great deal from this and maybe we can get the production sword market to "step it up".

Blackwell
    "You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father. And the father, the son. "

Glad to hear that this came to a happy ending.. (?)

I also hope this means Oni is beginning to pull their act together again. The last six months has no doubt done damage to their hard-earned reputation, it'll take a while to fix that. I think Loren should post a thread on SFI about what's happened and what's gonna change..
    Certified nerd; if you need an Excel sheet or an AutoCAD drawing done, just drop me a PM!

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Oni has some really nice looking things I would like to get but after reading this thread I'm not sure I'm comfortable sending them my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven B. View Post
    Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Oni has some really nice looking things I would like to get but after reading this thread I'm not sure I'm comfortable sending them my money.
    Oni does have some nice pieces. He also offers some nice blade prfiles and designs that others don't. If you are going to purchase from him just make sure you know all there is up front..

Is it in stock??
    How Long to Ship/Recieve it??
    Can I get a tracking number right away??

Those are the questions you should be asking Loren, and just stay on top of him and I think you will be ok. Loren is by no means from what I can tell a dis-honest person, I think he is just very busy and sidetracked.

Blackwell
    "You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father. And the father, the son. "

Quote Originally Posted by B.Blackwell View Post
    Oni does have some nice pieces. He also offers some nice blade prfiles and designs that others don't. If you are going to purchase from him just make sure you know all there is up front..

Is it in stock??
    How Long to Ship/Recieve it??
    Can I get a tracking number right away??

Those are the questions you should be asking Loren, and just stay on top of him and I think you will be ok. Loren is by no means from what I can tell a dis-honest person, I think he is just very busy and sidetracked.

Blackwell
    Thanks for the input. I'm still a little hesitent but I did email Loren the other day and he got back to me in less than 24hrs and he did say the particular piece I'm looking at will take a few months to get if I order it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234