Thread: Shinshinto Wakizashi

Shinshinto Wakizashi

Ok, I'm posting this here for 3 days then its going to ebay, it was there but I got my auction pulled for saying the blade was "not a paul chen" in the auction.

Shinshinto blade, I bought it some time ago from Historian333 as one of his project pieces. It was rusted chipped etc...

I gave it a full polish to see what was under the rust and grime. Its not a bad little blade I had intended to mount it, but I've got my eye on a 2006 GTO and want to get some funds together.

Nagasa is right around 16in, motohaba is 1.1in sakihaba .75in motokansane .2in, sakikansane .1in, nakago is mumei and ubu, one meguki ana, the file work I can make out is straight across. The patina is a deep brown.

The hamon is suguha and the hada is ko-itame It would make a very nice blade for the iaidoka who needs to have a waki in the obi. She's not perfect, there are some fukure but no hagiri and no fatal flaws. Just a run of the mill shinshinto wak, but it definetly isn't chinese made factory crap.
    Here's a thread with some info and pics

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?t=81201

I can email hi res pics to serious parties, email me karl dot junitz at gmail dot com

I do take paypal, and postal money orders, I'm asking what the polish alone would have cost 1100 shipped in the lower 48

Blade will come with orginal habaki, also it will come with a red adler shirasaya if the purchaser doesn't mind waiting a week or two for me to finish it.

I'll have it up here over the weekend then its going back on ebay if it doesn't sell here.
    thanks,
    -Karl
    Last edited by Karl J; 08-30-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....

friday nite bump.

I'd like to sell this here and skip the ebay fees....
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....

Mods, please delete this entire thread the sword is on ebay now.

thanks
    -Karl
    www.karljunitz.com
    Have a look around.....