Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone know of a scabbard for the M1902?

One of the Solingen Manufactures was importing blades from India and marking them (SOLINGEN) They got in quite a lot of trouble over this!

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    In Germany there are two.. Frank Schmitz factory and WKC both in Solingen.. Regards: James
    James,

It appears that Schmitz has taken over the E u. F Hörster logo. I never heard of him before... did he simply buy the logo or was he somehow affiliated with Hörster in the past?

And, who got in trouble marking the Indian blades with "Solingen?" That is certainly not the way to make friends with your neighbors in Solingen.

George
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

Frank Worked for the Hörster firm. I have been to the company many times in my trips to Solingen... He is one of the last sword smiths (blade grinder fitter etc..) who went through a full apprenticeship. He is a Great guy kind of slow because he is a hands on guy.. It is a family business. He uses one of the sword rolls that Eickhorn used.
    The Indian made sword blades I really do not want to say much more as I believe it ended up in the court system in Germany.
    I personally think the quality of the current German made swords is not bad... The sword business is hurting in Germany because of the Euro and competition from Spain ,China and India...
    Regards: James
    Last edited by James B.; 02-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234