Thread: I need help for this mistery sword

Wink I need help for this mistery sword

Hello, I have buy recently this sword in Ebay and need know the origin of this sword ,I think that can be old indian or chinese. have 66 cm long and thin blade, see photo. thank you for all people.

i do not think it ie from china
    email: imsubmarine@hotmail.com
    celphone={+86-10} 13347181934
    i like make friends with whom loves antique sword all over the world

Hello,

This appears to be a knock-off, in my opinion. Be aware, I am not very good with swords like this, but most of them I have seen are fake (long, thin, flexible blade.). You will need to ask someone else to be sure.

Once again, I am not sure if this is fake, but most I have seen similar to this were. GEt some more opinions.

Awhile back, like 7 months ago, I wanted to see if there was any swords that worked like those "Belt swords" we all know, and my research turned up the "Urumi". (Not a belt sword, but they got the steel to work the same way).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi

I found something that looks very similar on ebay called a khanda from India. 170169281413 It has the same shape blade, but a tulwar hilt. Hope this helps.

That sword just looks fake to me.. I just got done looking at 4 belt swords over the past 2 weeks, maybe thats why!

I don't know..Anybody else have anything to say about this blade?

The blade looks aged wrong as well, but it could be the steel type.

A few things strike me about the blade: the very thin cross-section and the purposefully rounded tip. Both make me think that this is a practice blade of some kind. Given the "set" that the blade has taken, I am inclined to think that it is not HT'd, which is the case for some practive blades. The handle looks cast, which is typical of Europe or Eastern Asia, but not very common in Middle Eastern weaponry. The shape of the blade is completely unlike any Chinese blades that I have seen, but the lack of a guard speaks against Europe.

Overall I would lean towards a relatively modern practice blade of Chinese manufacture intended for use in kung fu practice and demos. I have seen a lot of kung fu demos, and they always seem to be using ridiculously thin stage weaponry which flexes like mad during the "fight". These "weapons" are designed to be light, very fast, and look shiny...that most important of sword traits. The handle actually seems fairly nice, and the blade may not be original to the handle.

thank you for the help to all people of this forum. all explains are very interesting and I think that sword can be a fake but also one ritual sword (folk dancing with swords) or for children practices.
    one more time thank you.