Thread: Citadel Katana

Citadel Katana

Shadowsofleaves.com offers Katana's made by Citadel, They state that the blade comes with a lifetime warranty.

I'm wondering if anyone has purchesed one of these katana's in the past.

Also what are your thoughts about the katana's in general?

I'm thinking about getting one but wanted to hear some feedback first.

Thanks guys

...the moment after posting i thought to myself hey why dont you do a search for Citadel on SFI...

DUh.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Asquino View Post
    ...the moment after posting i thought to myself hey why dont you do a search for Citadel on SFI...

DUh.
    Good idea... Citadel makes one of the best production blades around.

Who's Life?
    "Silly Caucasian Girl, likes to play with Samurai swords"

Who's Life????

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebell Forrest View Post
    Who's Life?
    Whos life?? It the life of the sword, brake it and its life is over and so is the sword warranty. HaHaHaHa

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebell Forrest View Post
    Who's Life?
    The life of the week you bought it in, but man if you have any problems during that week you are covered!!!

Actually I have heard a lot of good things about these swords, and the warranty is one of the things touted by the company.

Hello! I'm new to the forum but I've been doing quite a bit of research here for the past month or so---I don't feel like a stranger, if that makes sense.

I wanted to comment on Citadel, as I've been deciding on a production katana and have been researching them, as well as different models from Dynasty Forge, Hanwei, and Ronin.

It has been very difficult for me to find detailed photos of the two "common" production lines of Citadel in the US, the Toyoshima and the Tsushima. The only two retailers I can find who carry the blades are Roman Siege and Hurricane Deck.
    Their photos are terrible, and I've requested more detailed pics from Roman Siege but I'm not holding my breath. Check them out here
    http://www.theromansiege.com/products.php?cat=87
    and here
    http://www.shop.hurricanedeckcutlery...?categoryId=12

There are however, photos of the European models, I believe it may be the Toyoshima:

http://www.coltelleriacollini.com/citadel/

Anyhow I contacted Citadel directly to confirm that these were indeed true Citadel katanas (since the price difference from the ones in Europe with different names is massive, they're at least 40% less expensive here in the U.S.) and received an immediate response from D. Eluere stating they were in fact authentic.

I'm not trying to recommend these retailers at all, since I have no prior experience with them, but I thought I'd let you know that you can buy them here in the states.

If anyone has further information or photos about of either of these let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Byron

p.s. I've read the reviews of Citadel here and they were extremely helpful

The Tsushima and Toyoshima are made exclusivly for the Distributor Blue Ridge knives.

http://www.blueridgeknives.com/
    The thin, flexible blade cuts through undead flesh like a katana through undead flesh, and its comfortable handle allows for hours of continuous blister-free use. Video research indicates that the katana can also deflect bullets, split bodies in half, and, in rare cases, shoot lasers. - zombiedefense.org

wayoftheopendoor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Smiddy View Post
    The Tsushima and Toyoshima are made exclusivly for the Distributor Blue Ridge knives.

http://www.blueridgeknives.com/
    Thanks Dan, Mr. Eluere mentioned that as well. I have visited the site in the past, but if I'm not mistaken you have to be a dealer to order from them.

I'm planning to contact Blue Ridge and the retailers mentioned above for photos, I just thought someone here in the forum might have one and could provide a bit more information. Cheers
    Aspirat primo Fortuna labori - Fortune smiles upon our first effort. (Virgil)

I wish I had more info on them as well. I would really like to know the stats on them but have never ran across them on the web and sellers don't seem to have any more than basic description of them.
    The thin, flexible blade cuts through undead flesh like a katana through undead flesh, and its comfortable handle allows for hours of continuous blister-free use. Video research indicates that the katana can also deflect bullets, split bodies in half, and, in rare cases, shoot lasers. - zombiedefense.org

wayoftheopendoor.com

Bowie, Maryland but consider my self a citizen of the world.

Okay!!

Dan,

The models that you have mentioned are cookie cutter katana that were ordered and produced specifically for distribution by Blue Mountain. You can also find them on EBAY and are of a specifc quality. I am the only recognized distributor of Citadel in the US and what I offer are not the production lines but the more customized lines. You will find that what I offer are at a far reduced cost than the production lines offered overseas. The down side is that I get what is sent from the factory has available, when available BUT they are of nothing but first quality. To the moderator, If this is to much then please feel free to expunge this response and I will understand.

Best Regards,

Mike
    Last edited by mscrampton; 01-24-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    'Shisei"
    Sincerity must begin with attitude, then it will flow naturally into your words and deeds.

Sensei Miura Hanshi

Quote Originally Posted by mscrampton View Post
    Dan,

The models that you have mentioned are cookie cutter katana that were ordered and produced specifically for distribution by Blue Mountain. You can also find them on EBAY and are of a specifc quality. I am the only recognized distributor of Citadel in the US and what I offer are not the production lines but the more customized lines. You will find that what I offer are at a far reduced cost than the production lines offered overseas. The down side is that I get what is sent from the factory has available, when available BUT they are of nothing but first quality. To the moderator, If this is to much then please feel free to expunge this response and I will understand.

Best Regards,

Mike
    Mike,

I had no other info but that blueridge was the dealer. I have no question about the quality of the Citadel blades you sell, actually I check at least once a week to see if you have received anything new as I am so ready to purchase from you.

The prices of what you offer for custom swords from the factory are just as cheap as basically a bare blade from them.

Great Job Mike!

Dan

wayoftheopendoor.com

Bowie, Maryland but consider my self a citizen of the world.

Keep Checking!!

I never know what or when the next shipment will come in or what will be in it and unfortunetly I can't make the shot show on the 4th with Dominique like I want to (actually meeting with the surgeon on that day to schedule surgeruy on both of my shoulders). But I have asked for a better mix of blades in both Hi and No-Hi as well as lengths up to 30". AND there will be some blades in shira-saya.

Mike
    'Shisei"
    Sincerity must begin with attitude, then it will flow naturally into your words and deeds.

Sensei Miura Hanshi

This is exactly the sort of information I was looking for about the Blue Ridge models Mike, thank you.
    Aspirat primo Fortuna labori - Fortune smiles upon our first effort. (Virgil)