Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bronze Spearhead of ancient China (reproduction)

  1. #1

    Bronze Spearhead of ancient China (reproduction)

    Here is a reproduction of bronze spearhead of ancient China, Warring States Period, more than 2000 years ago.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    59
    Tom

    That's a great looking spearhead.

    What are the dimensions?

    Do you have a pic of the original?

    Do you have any information on this type of spearhead?

    Thanks

    Danny

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Grigg View Post
    Tom

    That's a great looking spearhead.

    What are the dimensions?

    Do you have a pic of the original?

    Do you have any information on this type of spearhead?

    Thanks

    Danny
    Hi, Danny,

    Total length: 25.8 cm
    Blade length: 17 cm
    Blade width: 3.5 cm
    Diameter: 2 cm

    I don't have pic of the original on hand. This type of bronze spearhead is used in the Warring States Period in ancient China, i.e. more than 2200 years ago.

    Attached some more photos here.




  4. #4
    Looks like it's got a nicely thin socket! How far does the socketed extend into the spearhead?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen Zuiderwijk View Post
    Looks like it's got a nicely thin socket! How far does the socketed extend into the spearhead?

    About 7.8 cm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land Of Disease & Swamps AKA Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    5,351
    How would this type of spear head be fixed onto the shaft? Lashings? Rivets?
    "Swords Are Fun!" - Auld Dawg

    "A Sword For Show, But A Broadaxe For Dough." -
    Hagar The Horrible

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    59
    Tom

    Have you mounted the head onto a shaft yet? If so have you got any pics to share?

    Danny

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Foster View Post
    How would this type of spear head be fixed onto the shaft? Lashings? Rivets?
    Punch a hole on the spearhead and the shaft. Insert the shaft into the spearhead and fix a pin through the holes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Grigg View Post
    Tom

    Have you mounted the head onto a shaft yet? If so have you got any pics to share?

    Danny

    No. The bronze spearhead is for decoration. If anyone is interested to have one, just let me know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •