Thread: Indian tulwar for sale or trade.

Indian tulwar for sale or trade.

Antique 18th century Indian tulwar for sale or trade with contemporary, leather-over-wood, scabbard. Overall condition fair. Folded steel blade is 29 inches long (faint patterning visible). I bought this from Frederick's Swords 14 years ago for $350.00 (how much was a gallon of gas then?). Asking $300.00 shipped in continental US.

"A wise person aspires the study of swordsmanship. A lucky person finds a worthy teacher, an unlucky person finds yet another student... in the guise of a genuine Master. Sadly, a fool cannot tell the difference either way." Anecdotes of The Unknown Swordsman

Exclamation Price reduction.

I would take $275.00 shipped.
    "A wise person aspires the study of swordsmanship. A lucky person finds a worthy teacher, an unlucky person finds yet another student... in the guise of a genuine Master. Sadly, a fool cannot tell the difference either way." Anecdotes of The Unknown Swordsman

Exclamation Final price reduction.

This will be the final price reduction on this sword. I would take $245.00 shipped in the continental US. ...Or a reasonable offering for a trade? Thanks.
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 03-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Exclamation For both the Tulwar and the Jambiya...

Hey Folks,
    I would accept $395.00 for BOTH the Indian Tulwar and the Moroccan Jambiya, shipped. This is a great deal, as I bought them over a decade ago for $600.00, plus shipping! Or... Any interesting trades?

Ciao, Jon
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 03-31-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Lightbulb One very final price reduction.

Hey Folks,

I will accept $220.00 shipped in Cont. USA for this tulwar or $200.00 plus $20.00 towards Int. shipping. It is one of the deeper-curved types. The blade would show visible, active pattern if polished and acid-etched. Everything' is tight and sound. The leather covered scabbard is of recent make.

Ciao, Jon
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 06-23-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Cool

Bump.

are these still available?
    thanks

Thumbs up Jambiya traded-off, tulwar still available.

Hey John,

The Indian tulwar is still up for grabs (bargain of the millennium) but the jambiya was traded with another SFI forumite. I have another jambiya that I could combine with the tulwar for $395.00 shipped. It's Indo-Persian not Moroccan. Much better blade (scabbard sucks). I do have a new group of swords to de-acquisition form my collection ($$$ or trade). You may have an interest in some of them? You can check my blog, as I am uploading more pieces this afternoon. http://antiqueswords58.blogspot.com/ Remember, if you bundle a small parcel (2 or more pieces), I will be kinder with the overall cost.

Ciao, Jon
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 09-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.

thanks.
    looking for some close-up pics of the tulwar and kaskara...

Cool No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    thanks.
    looking for some close-up pics of the tulwar and kaskara...
    Hi John,

Here are some more pics for you. Oh yes, and did I mention the quantity discounts? PM more for a super deal.

Last edited by jonpalombi; 09-12-2009 at 12:35 PM.

...how much would you take for the Kaskara shipped?

Many thanks

Sudanese kaskara.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
    ...how much would you take for the Kaskara shipped?

Many thanks
    Hey Stephen,

I originally bought this kaskara from Faganarms for $345.00, about 12 years ago (when US dollars were bigger). As I have already knocked $50.00 off the top and this big sword will need over-sized shipping fees, I can only go $300.00 shipped & insured. I really do like this piece but need the $$$ for other projects. The only way I could do better, is in combination with another piece form my blog: http://antiqueswords58.blogspot.com/ I'll be completely honest with you, I am just an ordinary sword collector with a modest group of antique and modern-production examples. I am unemployed now and need to re-shuffle my collection to survive and/or continue to collect swords. Even so, I will only shave-off so much of the original cost... based on personal attachment or whether I have another example (and so on). On this one, all by itself, I must go $300.00 firm. OK? I will be adding a couple new pieces to the blog today or tomorrow.

Thanks for looking, Jon
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 09-15-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Jon -
    can you send those pics to my e-mail? for whatever reason, my browser isn't loading them.
    thanks,
    John

Question Picture issues?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Jon -
    can you send those pics to my e-mail? for whatever reason, my browser isn't loading them.
    thanks,
    John
    Hey John,

PM sent.
    Last edited by jonpalombi; 09-15-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Exclamation Very, very, very final price drop.

I will accept $200.00. I will accept $200.00, shipped & fully insured for this genuine antique Tulwar (not a penny less). Oh, alright... I would still take $199.99, if push-came-to-shove.

Thanks for lookin', Jon

Tulwar traded.

Tulwar traded and shipped off.

Thanks for looking folks. Kaskara is still available for sale or trade.

Ciao, Jon