Thread: "Need money for a car" Sale

"Need money for a car" Sale

As you can see by the title, I need money for a 1965 Mustang I am going to restore, so I am selling some of my blades, of all kinds. Cheap and expensive. I even have to sell one of my favorite custom blades (sorry Shannon ). I can't take Paypal right now, so a Money order or something like it would be fine (Cash, Checks, whatever).

First off, I have a Cheness 9260 TH wakizashi housed in shirasaya. This blade has never been cut with, just displayed. This is the information on it. (Of course, Cheness.com). I will send a free display stand. It has double mekugi pins as well. I don't have many pictures of this blade though, and my camera is somewhere packed up (I just moved.) Asking $110.

Second off, I have a Musashi Rosewood Shirasaya katana for sale, I was going to work on this thing but I gave up. Its a cheap blade. I skimmed off all the cheesy Rosewood so now it is a blank wood shirasaya. The blade is a little banged up, go ahead and polish it. Asking $25 on this.

Sorry Shannon, but I have to sell this tanto. Some of you followed the custom tanto I got from J.S Hill, a member here. I love this little blade and I was going to mount it up in "sharp" fittings, but I need this money. I bought it for $350 and I am selling it for $225.
    Tanto Stats:
    Sugata: ken-zukuri tanto.
    Nagasa: @ 7 3/4" (just a hair longer than 7.75')
    Nakago: 2 1/4".
    Motohaba: 1 1/4".
    Steel: 1075/1080 monosteel.
    Tsuchi-oke: clay blend including a portion of satanite.

Guys, I found this blade and have been puzzled by it ever since. It is old, but I think it is a tourist blade. It is a small wakizashi in bad condition, the tsuka is cracked in half with no wrap or mekugi, the saya isn't original and the blade is very fake looking. There is a fuchi on it, though. I have no pictures of this blade. Asking $35 on this. Remember, I believe it is a tourist blade. The overall length of it is 22".

I am selling a kukri that I found at a swap meet. I think it is small for a kukri, but I don't know much about kukri's. I think it is a tourist kukri because there are some bad engravings on the blade with "India" on it. Very tourist like (Seems the engravings were done later, very badly). The blade is 9" if I measured it correctly, while the handle is about 4" and made of wood with metal parts. Asking $20 on this.
    No sheath. Make a good tool knife, I guess.

This one is a Tramontina Bowie knife. This is one big knife, with a scary
    9 1/2 inch thick blade! On the blade it says: "Tramontina- Carbon Steel- Brasil". Minor rust spots, probably high chromium. The handle is plastic made to look like stag (I think, I don't know anything about stag.). Three Brass or copper rivets in the handle. Guard is loose. Asking $15 on this knife. I love this knife.

PM me if you want any more details, I am open to offers on most of them. I can't accept Paypal right now, remember that. Hoping to make enough for this car.

Gonna add more pictures later, First is the Cheness tip and look at the light brown one in the middle of the second picture, that is the Cheness too.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?t=85025
    More information on that custom tanto. I really don't want to sell that thing but I have no choice!

Too bad you dont take paypal, id have snatched that tanto blade (even tho i am getting my own one made)

Good luck and a friendly bump.

Sorry about that Remy, my damn account.

Actually, the taanto is taken for the moment, and if he decides to take it, it will be sold. If not, then back on the market it goes.

Custom tanto is sold. All other blades still available.
    Make me an offer.

Cheness wakizashi price drop to $100!
    Strange tourist wakizashi price drop to $28!
    Tourist kukri price drop to $15!
    Last edited by Jo P.; 03-21-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Tourist Wakizashi sold. Other blades still available!

Joe, could you drop me a line at bokim0907@yahoo.com I'm thinking about getting the cheness wak. What would be the grand total to have this shipped to PA. Thanks BOB

E-mail sent to address. It's a really good blade. One thing I love about it is it doesn't have those crap fittings like the Tenchi and Shura, but it is the same blade for less, so you can make your own fittings.

Total cost is said in e-mail. Thank you!

Somewhat closer to my goal.

tanto/ken

nice blade, well packaged quick delivery
    thanks