Thread: "Production" kozuka / kogai?

Question "Production" kozuka / kogai?

The title says it all; do they exist? Where could I get some? Decent Chinese replica or modern budget-priced Japanese would both do just fine..
    Certified nerd; if you need an Excel sheet or an AutoCAD drawing done, just drop me a PM!

Hey up Timo ..

found these tucked away at Fred Lohmans site -

http://www.japanese-swords.com/pages/about.htm

click on and scroll own the fittings tab

Mick
    " Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Ephesians 6:11

Ohh, good stuff. I forgot about these. Now I need to find some decent kogai.

Thanks Mick! Too bad they don't have any kozuka, I have a few antique kogatana that would need a handle.. I can't really say anything about the kogai, the pictures are horrible, I'll e-mail them for better pics though.
    Certified nerd; if you need an Excel sheet or an AutoCAD drawing done, just drop me a PM!

Timo, have a look at these http://www.16.plala.or.jp/katana-imu...x.english.html switch to the japanese page they are the last product link on the goods list, they have some other nice stuff, that is only on the Japanese page, I have purcahsed a few bits and bobs from them, you have to E-mail for a price, but they are quite reasonable(most things are cheaper than Fred lohman).

Ignore the link it dosn't post how I typed it, weird the site has a link on www.ksky.ne.jp/~sumie99 on the catalogue page.
    Last edited by andy jones; 06-14-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Found 'em, thanks Andy! I e-mailed 'em, and got better pictures along with prices. They sure look fantastic, they make Lohman's offerings look like poor cast chinatana-copies. But the prices reflect the quality, at $300.

that suprised me, other bits I've had off them have been quite reasonable. But it is nice that you can match the mon to tsuba, menuki and fuchi kashira.

I found a way to get a reproduction kozuka for under $50; buy a chinatana that comes with one and scrap the sword!

http://www.4iaitoswords.com/servlet/...n-sword/Detail