Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kagerou Custom

Kagerou Custom

Hi Hi Hi there,

I have a custom sword from the floor up! I am looking for $1,300 plus shipped I cover paypal

Specks

Blade: 28in Shinogi Zukuri Kamasu Kissaki. Motohaba 33mm 25mm sakihaba. Motokasane 7mm 4mm sakikasane. Monosteel Kobuse blade ( Pure Iron Core with 1060 outer edge )

Polish: Hand Stone finish

Mounts and fittings:

1. Brand new Poplar Core with a slight hourglass shape.

2. Full wrap Japanese same in "center seem" ( 2 ends meet on Uru side of handle ) with emporer node on Omote side. Lacquered black

3. Menuki and mekugi are in Gyaku-te ( menuki and mekugi near fuchi are on the Uru side and the Menuki and Mekugi near kashira are on the Omote side under palms )

-Primary menuki is made of Japanese Bamboo and secondary is Brass. Traditional Tapered mekugi so they will only exit in one direction witch is covered by the palms.

4. The tsuka Ito is Japanese silk and as can be seen the wrap is very uniform and I can say one of the Tightest wraps I have seen. The wrap has been done special so that the mekugi are in the center of the wrap daimonds ( the exit ends ) so that if they are removed they will not bother the wrap....

5. Saya is 12 coats matte black that is very even and well done. Any user knows that Matte is good at resisting finger prints.... Koiguchi, Kurikata are Horn..... BUT the Kojiri is solid steel painted black with silver trim.

Fittings:

Ito, Sageo, and same' are Japanese. Fuchi Kashira and Tsuba are from Nishijin sword while the menuki and seppa are from fred lohman co.

OVERALL CONDITION: Blade shows minor scratches and scuffs from 1 use. Mounts and fitting are Brand New and are a quality that Zheng Wu wished they could produce.

This sword was overbuilt to last and is good for a moderate to advanced user. It is robust but well balanced and good for Iai. Cuts tatami like butter!

THE SWORDS NAME IS KAGEROU " SHADOW WOLF"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always have a sense of humor. This is most important when it concerns yourself, it is a strength beyond all measure- Dan Millman

Pics

Blade
    Always have a sense of humor. This is most important when it concerns yourself, it is a strength beyond all measure- Dan Millman

More

More

More

Iron core with 1060 outer shell. So this a Zheng Wu blade right?
    Misaki Ito will someday be mine

Knowledge is arrogance when one thinks it is complete.

A true test of a man is what he does when he knows that he won't be found out .

CLICK to view my humble artwork

More on the sword

Yes it is a monosteel kobuse. The core is Iron and the outer steel is 1060. The sword was a Custom order. The Blade and Habaki were really the only thing worth while. The wrap was lose, Same' was a poor grade, fittings were sublevel ex.

I had allot of high end material and fittings and decided that the blade, polish and habaki were warrent enough for custom work..... The blade you see now was the result of 2 months wait for upgrade.

Bump In Just wood, same fitttings ex. the blade material is worth $400. That is not counting the work and Blade itself.

I will listen to offers because as much as the sword pulls me when I stare and handle it I need cash to get my students some equipment

MAKE ME AN OFFER I CANT REFUSE

PS. I would consider a trade and cash if you have a Waki or a Hira Zukuri Tanto.

Bump

Another Pic

To show a good blade shot

More PICS

Pictures

bump

PRICE DROP

$1,000 +shipping and I cover paypal.

bump

Come on 400 views and no interest? Someone has to have a good offer

I HATE TO DO THIS! but I will drop to $800 BUT paypal and shipping the buyer covers. I would say easy the sword is worth double.... But times are tuff I will not go any lower. If the sword does not sell at $800 I will just have to keep it.

Bump

I would consider a trade for a MAS Katana. Somthing in good condition in mount and blade. I do not really care of model. If it is a brand new one I will consider a swap straight across. If it is a hand polished model I might offer some cash depending on the sword itself

Bump

Yo Ricky,

One question regarding this sword, why is the kissaki so straight? Was this a custom feature that you specified?

The tip is called "Kamasu" and it is a classic tip. It was seen before the 1400's. It was not what I requested... But width, thickness and curve are correct. On a thrust the tip is very deadly....

Bump

If anyone can give me $600 plus shipping and paypal you can have her.

bump

PM sent.

Sword Still for sale, going for 1,000 views

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast