Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sword Knots

Here is the end of the knot. My files were too big to post all in one post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Greg,

Your knot is a nice US National Guard identified knot that was issued to a Signal Corps unit. It is nice to find these unit marked knots. This style of leather knot was first issued in black color up until sometime before circa 1902 when they became russet color to match the new brown leather accouterments. Look closely and see if you can see a two or three letter inspector stamp and date on the strap. This will help date the knot exactly. A very nice and relatively scarce knot nowadays.

George
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

C and JD Wolfe french saber

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Schenk View Post
    George,

- What do you think of the knot on Eric Fairbank's Le Page-style saber shown in the thread http://www.swordforum.com/forums/sho...n-Terminology?

- Do you believe the style would fit the timeframe of the sword? It looks like it has been with the sword a long time, and seems to fit as if made for it. I'm really not sure of the age of the sword. Most Le Page-style swords are dated to the First Empire timeframe, but I think this one may be a bit later.

Attachment 147098
    More photos of knot
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234