Thread: Ah, Time ...

Ah, Time ...

Funny, in the odd sense, to look back in on this forum and see how quiet it is now. I recall at one point when this was one of the most active discussion boards at SFI. I guess theatrical combat is no longer an active interest as much in the sword world...
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

I think it is quiet everywhere on SFI. Times have definitely changed.

Ah, well that is a shame indeed.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Quote Originally Posted by Mario E. Perez View Post
    Ah, well that is a shame indeed.
    Swordforum is just quiet in general. I find it sad. But, people have started so many of their own special interest forums a big central melting pot for sharing seems to have gone by the wayside.
    Jeff Richardson
    http://duellatoria.com/

"The Will is the captain general of our army and our fortress" 1587 Ghisliero pg. 108

The Forum in general, while once the best thing going (it was this or a listserv at the time), seems less popular these days. There's more alternative forums, which has diluted the pool (the pool of experts being the big draw in the first place), plus now there's social media like Facebook groups, Q&A stuff like Reddit, people having video response conversations on YouTube, etc. I don't think it in any way reflects a decline in interest in stage combat.
    Freelance hack... and slash... and thrust...