Thread: Michael Bell Bare Composite Blade

Michael Bell Bare Composite Blade

Hi,
    I have a Michael Bell bare katana blade for sale. I hate to part with it, but I will just not have the time to complete it before starting medical school next year.

I had Michael create this blade to mimic the sugata of the katana he crafted for the Masters of Fire display (http://www.arscives.com/mastersofire...ble-katana.jpg) but without the bo-hi.

The blade is of Michael's "composite construction," which consists of a double twisted strand of cable along the edge and and a strand of standard twist cable along the back. Per Michael, this construction gives a shinogi-ji that is rather straight and a shinogi that exhibits a lively twist grain with a dynamic hamon.

The blade is measurements are as follows. I would be glad to take more if you are interested.
    The measurements are as follows:
    Nagasa: 28.75 in
    Nakago: 11 in
    Kissaki: 1.5 in
    Width at machi: 1.25 in
    Width at yokote: 7/8 in
    Thickness at machi: 5/16 in
    Thickness at yokote: 3/16 in
    Sori: 3/4 in

I am asking $2500 shipped for this blade. I also have some Patrick Hastings fittings that I would be willing to sell with the blade at a slight discount.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want more information, measurements, or pictures. Thanks!

EDIT: added measurements
    Last edited by J Wang; 12-07-2008 at 01:41 PM.

BTT. Price is negotiable, and I will now throw in a pair of fuchi/kashira in Black Ice by Patrick Hastings.

BTT, price is now $2400. This is cheaper than you can get it from Michael, without the wait.

Can you post some pictures of this blade? Thanks!
    I like swords.

If you want to climb a mountain, begin at the top.

"Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence." - Don Nelson

learn the way to preserve rather than destroy.
    avoid rather than check, check rather than hurt, hurt rather than maim, maim rather than kill.
    for all life is precious, not one can be replaced.

BTT, I really need to move this. Jeff, send me your email and I can get you pics.

Price is now $2300. I am willing to entertain reasonable offers and will consider trades/partial trades for high end/custom 1911s (particularly interested in an MC Operator).
    Last edited by J Wang; 02-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.