Thread: What is the nutsodome?

What is the nutsodome?

Sorry guys, I just came across this new term and I cannot google anything on it and even my University educated Japanese wife hasn't a clue what the word could mean... Of course the word without the kanji makes it a little tricker, haha. but I was just reading through some threads here and came across the word; nutsodome, and am unsure what it is in refrence to. I understand from the refrence that it has to do with the furniture but other than that I am lost. Hope someone can help! Cheers
    Last edited by A. Lones; 08-04-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: correction to text

http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/nihonto.htm

Have you looked in there yet?

You must have read it in one of my reviews. You see the thing is, I post reviews on several fora.

There is a 10 image limit here on SFI and I usually have about 30 images , so I write the review on another forum... a proboard forum.

That forum has an automatic censor , that changes swear words to other words. It changes bitch to pregnant dog and it changes sh!t to the word nuts. ( think, exclamation... "aw nuts, I spilled my beer)

therefore when I type in sh!todome it changes it to nutsodome.

I dont always catch it when I cut and paste the review.

Thats it. so it should read shitodome, not nutsodome

Quote Originally Posted by M.K. Ridgeway View Post
    You must have read it in one of my reviews. You see the thing is, I post reviews on several fora.

There is a 10 image limit here on SFI and I usually have about 30 images , so I write the review on another forum... a proboard forum.

That forum has an automatic censor , that changes swear words to other words. It changes bitch to pregnant dog and it changes sh!t to the word nuts. ( think, exclamation... "aw nuts, I spilled my beer)

therefore when I type in sh!todome it changes it to nutsodome.

I dont always catch it when I cut and paste the review.

Thats it. so it should read shitodome, not nutsodome
    Haha, now that is funny. It is really a peculiar hang up modern North Americans have with ye old four letter word. Consider that had the French speaking Willy the Conq not done his bit in 1066 your medical practicioner in 2009 would ask for a **** sample (proper saxon word for excriment, snot turned to mucas membrane and of course the 'F' word to interco..hmm well, you get the idea.) rather than relying on the Latin based words we prefer today as 'acceptable English'. I always get a kick out of those 'parental control' things they sell when it comes to language. Rather than simply teaching the history and evolution of our language to our young we still supress the language of our unfortunate ancestors who lost at Hastings. Nutsodome, that is funny on so many levels, still interesting how even the 'parental control' in my PC was influenced by the sword. smile
    Last edited by A. Lones; 08-04-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: supliment text.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Glen C. View Post
    Cool link, thanks!