Thread: Enlightenment swords?

Enlightenment swords?

I've recently come across a new site for Chinese Swords, Enlightenmentswords.com .

Their products strike me as appearing to be of better quality than wushu trash, and their swords don't appear to be of fantasy designs. Both of these are pluses. But does anyone know the actual quality of the blades they make? Or are they nice looking pieces of junk? And my opinion may not be the most expert one, so it'd be great if someone could confirm if I'm correct in believing that their blades seem reasonably historically accurate?

I have a very nice Zhan Ma Dao from them, and it is extraordinarily good quality for the low price.

The balance is awesome. The steel appears fine, and they have left the forging marks on the blade, except, of course, on the edge. This is a very attractive effect. The handle is good wood, and is pinned attractively as well.

I'm happy with it. It is only one of their pieces, so I can't comment on their overall quality, but their Zhan Ma Dao is awesome. I only practice with it, but I am confident that it would fight well.

Not related to swords... I also bought a buddhist rosary from them, and it was good quality as well.

Oh, good to hear. What exactly was their price? How does it compare to Zhengwu (whose blades are at least 650 USD for the least expensive, last I checked)?

Yeah, that Zhanmadao looks beautiful, I prefer its design to the Zhengwu forge one, and I must say that I like the look of their Zhaodandao. It looks more like a shoudao than the dadao seen everywhere, and for some reason, I haven't seen a lot of that blade form.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Yuan View Post
    I've recently come across a new site for Chinese Swords, Enlightenmentswords.com .

Their products strike me as appearing to be of better quality than wushu trash, and their swords don't appear to be of fantasy designs. Both of these are pluses. But does anyone know the actual quality of the blades they make? Or are they nice looking pieces of junk? And my opinion may not be the most expert one, so it'd be great if someone could confirm if I'm correct in believing that their blades seem reasonably historically accurate?
    I've sent them numerous emails about pricing of their Miao Dao but still no answer, the dealer in Australia has his phone disconnected and the NZ dealer only wants to sell the sword he has in stock. I would have spent around $2500 on the right sword.