Thread: My new 2009 Cheness Kaze Daisho

My new 2009 Cheness Kaze Daisho

Here are some photos my son took with his digital camera tonight of my new Kaze Daisho. I would guess this to be the new 2009 model as I ordered it direct from Cheness. It arrived with some small scratches on the habaki which I would classify as very minor, as well as a couple of small scratches on the blade of the wakizashi. These could well be the result of customs inspections so I do not fault Cheness with these at all. I did a complete inspection of the blades but was unable to easily remove the hibaki on the wak. Had applied the use of my table vice, rubber mallet and towel as Mr. Justice advised I believe it would have been removed. I will be attempting this in the near future. For this inspection however I found my tsuka to be solid and intact, that is without cracks or visible problems. The tsuka is of course panel wrapped but as the tsuka maki is very stoutly tied I am unable to wiggle or move the cotton itto at all with my fingers and thumbs. Prior to order I was quite prepared to dislike the furnishings from all I had read in previous reviews, truth be known I was simply purchasing this daisho for the blades alone. Now that I have seen the Kaze and held it in my hands I must say I am pleased with the way it handles, have cut a few bottles as well as the balance and feel of the sword. Overall, given the low price and such I am extreemly pleased with the purchase and would recomend this sword to anyone interested in a buying their first real katana. Hope you all enjoy the photos we took. Cheers. Andrew Lones
    Last edited by A. Lones; 08-21-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: unable to post photo

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by A. Lones View Post
    Here are some photos my son took with his digital camera tonight of my new Kaze Daisho. I would guess this to be the new 2009 model as I ordered it direct from Cheness. It arrived with some small scratches on the habaki which I would classify as very minor, as well as a couple of small scratches on the blade of the wakizashi. These could well be the result of customs inspections so I do not fault Cheness with these at all. I did a complete inspection of the blades but was unable to easily remove the hibaki on the wak. Had applied the use of my table vice, rubber mallet and towel as Mr. Justice advised I believe it would have been removed. I will be attempting this in the near future. For this inspection however I found my tsuka to be solid and intact, that is without cracks or visible problems. The tsuka is of course panel wrapped but as the tsuka maki is very stoutly tied I am unable to wiggle or move the cotton itto at all with my fingers and thumbs. Prior to order I was quite prepared to dislike the furnishings from all I had read in previous reviews, truth be known I was simply purchasing this daisho for the blades alone. Now that I have seen the Kaze and held it in my hands I must say I am pleased with the way it handles, have cut a few bottles as well as the balance and feel of the sword. Overall, given the low price and such I am extreemly pleased with the purchase and would recomend this sword to anyone interested in a buying their first real katana. Hope you all enjoy the photos we took. Cheers. Andrew Lones
    For some reason we are unable to post the photos at this time. Happily my son is working on this one and should have it worked out soon. I write happily because I am totally unskilled on a computer and if left to me this would have been the end of it.

Help!

Finally, I have the photos. We ended up not being able to get my sons camera to work with my computer, not sure why, so we had to reshoot them with the wife's little camera so the quality is not as sharp but I hope it allows you to see the detail all the same. Now I have all the photos saved in my computer, unfortunately I am no Techno-wizard and SFI only allows photos of 100 KB? or less and my photos are 200 MB? and more...I have no idea how to get them to change to the needed size or if this is even possible. Any advice here will be greatly appreciated. (This almost takes all the fun out of this)
    Last edited by A. Lones; 08-24-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: edit

I like to upload photos to imageshack.us
    They can be resized when uploading.
    Then use the forum hotlink to post them.....

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/enidina/

Terribly sorry about how long this took to get the photos online, I had been rather busy at work and now I have a few off. Hope you enjoy. Cheers
    Last edited by A. Lones; 08-27-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Add Photos