Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just in Case...Last Legend no longer making swords

Glen:

If I offended you or anyone with my posting in regards to Last Legend, I apologise fully. All I wanted was some help/aid/advice as to how to actually get a "real body" on the phone with them. I see now that from all I can tell that they have shut down or skipped out. My last e-mail I sent this morning bounced back as undeliverable.

Oh well...I guess that is the chance one takes when you do these things. Still I am going to follow through with this and see what I can do. They are in California and I am down in southern Nevada, so I will make some phone calls as per your suggestion to the Atty Gen. and see where I can go to as well. Thank you for that bit of info.

Once again..if I offended I am sorry...I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to get a real person on the phone...

Vegas Vic

Hi Vick,

No offense taken or offered here. I am simply trying to condense any effort, instead of dilluting the converations and available information. Suggestions mentioned already, should (maybe) have been already pursued.

Glen

Well I used Paypal, and if anyone did the same, it looks like it isn't possible to file a claim to get your money back after 45 days. Seeing as it's been about 15 months, looks like that's $175 down the drain for me. I hope you can get your money back, Vick, thanks for the updates.
    Last edited by M. Vaughn; 01-16-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Woah...I just bought a taketoshi katana from this company off of ebay a couple weeks ago. Sure didn't know it was LL's latest incarnation, although I did notice that the specs on the sword matched one listed as in stock on swordarmory's website.

The point of the posted link is that Vic apparently is not dealing with a defunct, liquidated or bankrupt company. The companies are one and the same, and as such, he has valid contact information and some legal hope of financial recovery.

Best wishes!
    牛尾節男

Hello!!

An update..This is now in the hands of the USPS postal inspectors...what happens now...well that is up to them as I gave them all the documented items I had as far as attempts of communications and so forth, the call logs on my phone bill, e-mails and the returned certified mail and everything else they asked for... and I was told that they will "follow up on this" so that's probably the best I can do at this point.

while I was there.. the USPS inspectors called Last Legend on speaker phonefrom their office and they got a recording that that said "ANNOUNCEMENT.. no one is available to take your call..thank you for calling, good bye".. The Postal Inspectors did not look happy...so it's in their hands now...

(Glen...THANK YOU sir for letting this thread continue..I do appreciate it..)

So now it is in the hands of the Postal Service... Looking back..I should of gotten that sword from Dr Jim when I had the chance but oh well...I AM taking him up on his offer to walk me through making my own and so far it is going pretty well as far as I can tell.. Still, as it is now..I am out well over $500.00 to Last Legend..I am leaving this up to the "powers that be" to handle that aspect of things....

Like I said before..Last Legend had a pretty decent reputation..yet.. but now?? It is out of my hands.. When something else happens..I will let ya all know...

Vegas Vic...

I think if they've go bankrupt then there's not much they can do apart from wait for the oncoming storm Vick mate. Repo men and international court orders.....I personally think it reflects more on todays screwed up economy than Last legend as a company and when the $hi& hit the fan they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.....it's a sad state of affairs but as a company they did have a good reputation, albeit gone now by the look of things.....

You look like you will get back what you paid, last legends reputation has taken a massive blow and neither you nor any subscriber has reaped any benefit but they have came out of this worse off. Reputation gone, forge probably gone etc....it is a perfect picture of where we stand as a world wide community

Sincerely
    Kris

Hello:

Here's an update on my troubles with Last Legend.. I heard back from the US Postal Service Inspectors and they have not been able to contact anyone from LL through their "usual channels" so as far as what the Inspectors told me they are going to send someone out to their location with my paperwork and what happens next all depends upon what they find when they go out there.

The Inspectors also told me to keep trying to contact them and I will, so that is where it is presently.

More information will be posted as things happen. At this point I would like my $$ back as from all that I can tell, Last Legend is pretty much out of business.

Vegas Vic

Edited -
    Last edited by Scott Turchin; 05-12-2010 at 01:55 PM.

---------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice.
    -Gichin Funakoshi

Last Legend is pretty much out of business.
    In Europe:
    http://www.katachi-art.com/index.php...b56d6bb42d8fa8

Hey all,

Sorry to resurrect the dead here, but is LL definitely defunct? The only reason I ask is because they still have their website up, normally it would be taken down by now
    http://www.lastlegend.com/05kat/05kat.htm

The second line of text on the page you provided is:
    "We are sorry but Last Legend is no longer producing swords."

Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper View Post
    Hey all,

Sorry to resurrect the dead here, but is LL definitely defunct? The only reason I ask is because they still have their website up, normally it would be taken down by now
    http://www.lastlegend.com/05kat/05kat.htm
    Normally, this thread might have been closed long ago.

There are a lot of dead sites on the net but some are left up for reference. This thread had been left up for reference as well but apparently reading doesn't make sense of it for some.

Cheers

GC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12