Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Quinn View Post
    Thanks for the infomation Glen but i will still trust Ryan Sword.
    Yes ? well good luck with your sword Daniel , please dont feel put off by our opinions , I assure you we dont throw them around lightly as most of us have been that starry eyed sword dealer patron - and a lot of us still have the emotional scars to prove it LOL.

'your mileage may vary' I think is one of Glen C's excellent quotes
    " Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Ephesians 6:11

I`d personally like to know a little more about Brandon Sword online, how is the quality and such of their products, can anyone vouch for them?

Andrew G said : "Brandon Sword, on the other hand, has some decently nice blades, and do fantastic custom work".

I came across this thread while browsing the forums after posting a question about WKC swords (general opinion: don't touch 'em. OK, the last posting was some time ago, but I've just visited the current versions of both the Brandon Sword and Ryan sites, and there seems to be a helluva lot of similarities - not just between the swords, but even down to the "demo vids" and promotional talk. So what's the real difference? They are only sales outlets, after all. Aren't they just sourcing from the same forge?

I'm a novice sword collector / user, and what worries me more than somewhat is that anytime somebody asks a question about a sword supplier, just about every opinion is negative, and (as in the above thread) each contributor then praises "his" favorite sword supplier (and a little research will reveal that this supplier has also got its detractors).

I'm coming round to the opinion that if I want a "good" sword that won't be a disappointment somewhere along the line, the only solution is to take out a massive bank loan and commission a gendaito from a reputable smith in Japan...
    Michael G

Quote Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
    I'm coming round to the opinion that if I want a "good" sword that won't be a disappointment somewhere along the line, the only solution is to take out a massive bank loan and commission a gendaito from a reputable smith in Japan...
    I guess I don't see it that way Michael. Part of what you are reading is experienced members trying to set expectations.

I think there are some good swords out there, each with their strengths and weaknesses, and some that to appeal to some people but not others for specific reasons. Then there are just plain bad swords like Ryan sword.

In general Hanwei/Paul Chen, Dynasty Forge and the other Fred Chen swords, Kaneie, Kris Cutlery are considered to make reliable swords with good value (and there's more out there). The first three offer a range of products in different price ranges. The main point is that these are reputable brands which are know to be safely constructed.

I have my preference for one over the others for my own reasons as do others and at some point in the future you will probably too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12