Thread: 1796 LC Sword

1796 LC Sword

All,

I have four 1796 LC swords. Don't need four. I'm looking to sell one, maybe two, possibly three. Two of the three are other ranks swords and have scabbards. The ones with scabbards do not have complete grips. One, blade marked to EGG, has a nice looking polished wood replacement grip, but no wrap. The other, marked to Osborn & Gunby, has its original grip, but no wrap. The Osborn & Gunby sword's scabbard is marked to Osborn & Gunby as well. The Egg sword's scabbard is marked to Dawes.

The third sword is an officer's 1796 LC marked to Osborn, no scabbard, but with original shagreen grip and wire. It has the more straight blade.

Prices:

Osborn & Gunby LC sword and scabbard $575.00
    Egg LC sword with Dawes scabbard $550.00
    Osborn officer's LC sword (no scabbard) $400.00

Shipping in the continental US will be through UPS -- which runs around $30 these days. Shipping internationally will be through US mail, runs about the same cost.

I will consider reasonable counteroffers.

Now, before you all start telling me that I didn't put up any pictures -- I already know that. I would rather email pictures directly to folks who are interested. So, if you are interested in any one, any two or all of the swords, shoot me an email or a PM and let me know. If you send a PM, be sure to include your email address so that I can send you some pictures.
    Andre F. Ducote
    Mississippi

Blog Entries
    Hi Andre,

Interested! Could you e-mail me pics of Osborn officer's LC sword (no scabbard)?? Thanks!!

Mark ~
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Pictures

Hello,

Please send me pictures about this one: Osborn & Gunby LC sword and scabbard $575.00 and the Osborn LC sword S400
    My email address: vidamlacika@gmail.com

Regards!
    Laszlo

Hello Andre,

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of all three, especially the Osborn and Gunby.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris,

Shoot me your email address again.

Thanks,

Andre
    Andre F. Ducote
    Mississippi

The Osborn & Gunby other ranks sword and the Osborn officer's sword are gone. Still have the Egg and I will make a deal on it.
    Andre F. Ducote
    Mississippi

All sold. Thanks a bunch!
    Andre F. Ducote
    Mississippi

Your items for sale

Why don't you just post pictures here, like everyone else does so we can see what it is that you are trying to sell. Just an idea.

posting photos...

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Crawford View Post
    Why don't you just post pictures here, like everyone else does so we can see what it is that you are trying to sell. Just an idea.
    Stewart,

I dont know about you, but I find it a pain resizing photos down to less than100kb to post......plus.... by PM'ing one can correspond by private email and send more hi-res photos of the swords (my hotmail allows sending up to 10meg)

also one can discuss prices & haggle 'off air'.....

So I can see the method in the madness.....
    "Shoot straight you bastards and don't make a mess of it !"
    Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant, Bushveldt Carbineers, Australian soldier, poet & national hero, excecuted by firing squad, Boer War, 1902.

The swords have sold. There is no need for further discussion.