Thread: My Bugei Peace Sword (And Joe Walters/Lohman Katana)

My Bugei Peace Sword (And Joe Walters/Lohman Katana)

From a Sword Forum lurker...

I received my Bugei Peace Sword (28/12) earlier in the week and today I photographed it and my Joe Walters Katana (which is similar in size). I meant to take more pictures of the Peace Sword but either I'm a lousy photographer (most likely) or the Joe Walters Katana is more photogenic. Sorry!

See Joo-Huan, I'm taking good care of it (the JW)!

Ah... I remember that JW blade. It's nice to see it again.

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous blades!

Plus, they couldn't be with a better owner.
    "It is my feeling that to make a good sword, one must make a weapon first, and art second. But if it is really "right", it is both things at once, and in equal measure." -- Howard Clark

"I cannot compensate for improper use of a sword. Nothing is bullet proof and idiots prove on a regular basis that nothing is idiot-proof -- they're just too creative." -- Keith Larman

Wow, John! That looks great!
    "Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
    "I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
    - The Last Samurai

For anyone wondering, the "JW" mentioned here refers to Joe Walters. For a while he was a rising star and was a tremendously gifted custom bladesmith. He had some health problems and other issues that negatively affected the customer service/business end of things-- but he made some really terrific high-performance blades, including the one John Owens has shared here.

This particular sword was, I believe, among the last handful of swords to be produced through "DojoSwords" (joint venture b/w Joe Walters and someone else) before it closed. It briefly belonged to me, and I was glad it found a good home with an appreciative owner.
    "It is my feeling that to make a good sword, one must make a weapon first, and art second. But if it is really "right", it is both things at once, and in equal measure." -- Howard Clark

"I cannot compensate for improper use of a sword. Nothing is bullet proof and idiots prove on a regular basis that nothing is idiot-proof -- they're just too creative." -- Keith Larman

Congratulations on a fine-looking sword.

The other person was Antonio Cejunior
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar

both sword look amazing.
    congratulations.

Very nice! The third one down is now my desktop wallpaper! :P
    I have ADHD: Attention Deficit in High Definition.

-deleted- see below
    Last edited by B.Hazemeijer; 10-28-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Beautiful swords, nice background too! They are going into my photo collection

I don't know what to say, thanks for all the kind comments. I guess I'm not as bad at picture taking as I thought!