Thread: Another BUSHIDO!!!!

Another BUSHIDO!!!!

Well i got bitten by the sword bug tonight and I just purchased this sword off ebay. My wife is gonna skin me alive lol. When I get it I will post up some pics. Here is the link to the sword when it was being sold in the classifieds

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/sho...hlight=bushido
    Last edited by Randall Lee; 12-09-2010 at 09:20 AM.

I like the tsuba

I cant wait to get it lol
    Last edited by Randall Lee; 12-09-2010 at 09:19 AM.

I might actually sell my original Bushido now lol!

Mick Wilsons old Bushido

This is indeed a nice Bushido. Fitted out by Skip. Nice fittings and if I remember rightly it is in the Christian style of tsukamaki.

Mick was going to sell this to me but probably got a better offer of the guy selling it and I took the ukigumo he had which is wrapped in the same style. I think I mentioned this one in another post you made about Mothers Mag polish. Although it is a top effort I just can't get away with the blue/black wrap and bronze/gold saya but that is a minor issue for such a nice piece of work. Nice buy dude, sure it'll keep you happy for many months

Cheers

Wow ! it does seem to be a very nice katana !
    the ito wrap is very interesting, never seen it before. I wonder how does it feels in terms of grip and handling, because it does look very nice indeed.

Don't forget to take some pictures of the katana e a review too
    Oh... and I hope your wife does not get too angry hehehe

Ah yes, I handled this sword while at Adams. The tsukamaki is very well done and tight. Wasn't a great fan of the straight tsuka though.

absolutely beautiful. im enthralled by the tsukamaki. how long has that style of wrapping been arond? is it difficult to get a sword wrapped like that without it being custom?
    Once you have mastered yourself a blade of grass can be a weapon

Hey Randall, do you plan to remove the frosty hamon to reveal the real one underneath? Id love to see some photos of that... Here's a thread with some Shinto pics, looks so much nicer!
    http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/i...y&thread=15157

Hamon

I'm still undecided about it. I just got a brand new Bushido as well. I will have the sword Thursday so I will post some close ups of the hamon. Depending on which blade is better I might experiment and see. Thanks for the info my friend!

I got a Bushido too. It is being customized by Aaron Justice -- new tsuka, re-painted saya, and a completely different set of fitting. It won't look anything like the Bushido when it is done.

Bushido

Nice!! From what I've seen Aaron does awesome work!! Post some pics when it's done!!!

No sword yet

THE USPS SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!! Hopefully the bushido will be here tomorrow.

aarrrghhh that sucks...
    I hope you get your bushido soon. it's a week later than it should though...

Arrived

Got the sword today. Words can not do it justice!!! It is AMAZAING. I will do a full review soon after the holidays. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

That is a fail on your part !! you should be doing the review now !!
    lololol

good thing the katana turned out today just in time for the hollydays hehe

sword

Got the wife a nice camera for Christmas so I will take a lot of pics and do a proper review.

Hi Randall, I'm glad you got it safely, and will give it a good home. I'm interested in reading your review!
    gbelleh

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Lee View Post
    Got the wife a nice camera for Christmas so I will take a lot of pics and do a proper review.
    ok then... seems fair, since she's going to be mad when she finds out about the bushido, if she hasn't allready... hehehe