Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is a test of the new forum software

From IE 9...

...no luck. It is taking too long for me to wait to see just how long it might take to work.

As mentioned, I think it is hit or miss for me on any browser. Here are a Chrome screen and my firewall showing a huge packet inbound with nothing of substance being uploaded. The Chrome screen won't let me highlight the same error message long enough to catch that but it is the same as previously displayed.

Not wanting to be a pest, I'll let it be but it does seem to be variable on Opera, Mozilla, IE and Chrome

Blog Entries

Testing another set of picture attachments + revised quality of thumbnail generation

Hi.

Just testing this out:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Blog Entries
    btw, if anyone has nice images of swords we might be able to use for our theme upgrade, please let us know! We're looking for basket hilts, medieval swords, anything interesting. Thanks!!
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Another test

Switching from a Flash based upload to an AJAX based upload (javascript). The issues some people are having might be from having to deal with the Flash based upload object. This would very likely be the large download that Glenn was mentioning. With AJAX this would not be an issue.

I don't know runtime errors but I was doing fine with the system Sunday evening. I may have a screen resolution issue as part of this all, as clicking Manager attachments brings up a tables issue on 800x600. That causes forum page thread numbers to overlap as well. Clicking the paperclip icon brought up a viewable uploader (ie I could see the select file button) but the same issue with uploading prevailed. I am firing up another pc as I write that runs a higher resolution. Both are xp machines. I run the lower resolution on a large screen across the room.

At any rate, images that had made it to the board after Sunday are not being added to my attachment gallery.

Cheers

GC

Oh yes, I had also checked on another board running ths version and attaching worked out ok.
    Last edited by Glen C.; 05-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.

No joy for me running another machine but the higher resolution does display the screen more completely. That, either using the paperclip icon or the Manage attachments clickage link. I am waiting to see if it will upload a measly 19k image but is now no go and did not attach with much the same packet informationas shown above. Lots in, not much out.

If the blogs and albums are activated for all, we should probably see some traffic sooner than later.

I'll look at other browsers on this other pc as well but I have a hunch I will encounter the same issues. The system was flying well for me Sunday.

Glen

The function and loader seem to be flipping back and forth again as adjustments are being made but this from a recent IE attempt with the older version attachment page
    Fatal error:
    • File system directory "[path]/attachments/1/1/7" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
    Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 849
    #0 vb_error_handler(256,
    • File system directory "/home/mcdeath/public_html/swordforum/vb4/attachments/1/1/7" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
    Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata, /home/mcdeath/public_html/swordforum/vb4/includes/class_dm.php, 849, Array ([this] => vB_DataManager

If I am reading some tutorials overnight correctly, it still seems to be a runtime error I was not getting when the board first came alive Sunday.

I was recently able to upload two images before getting the same error and so went to try the profile gallery routine again, Upload album created, two images uploaded but then again the error. Thumbnail for the upload gallery present in the album index but no images in the album.
    http://www.swordforum.com/forums/album.php?u=117

Oh, as to the flash issue. The screenshots I have posted with my Opera galleries were all uploaded with a similar flash based uploader.

Update later today. It took a couple of images before balking. The two images also made it to the attachments gallery as well, so I guess that is some relief.
    Last edited by Glen C.; 05-07-2011 at 09:34 AM.

My firewall logs show some of what is confusing the issue but the issue seems to revolve around yui.yahooapis.com possibly causing the runtime errors. I don't think there is any reason to post screenshots of that traffic but the following are results of the issues.

http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=yui.yahooapis.com

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Ok currently we draw the YUI (Yahoo User Interface) files from Yahoo! itself rather than hosting it on our servers. This might be the issue with your firewall because your firewall is expecting all files to be drawn from the swordforum.com website. I'll go ahead and modify that setting so that the YUI files are drawn from swordforum.com and see if that helps any.

Ok I made the change to the forum settings so that the YUI is now drawn from the swordforum.com website.

testing

Sorry, no apparent difference with that change. As before, it worked brilliantly Sunday and has been most intermittent since then if working at all (due to overall load?). The result is the same, although I am now not seeing the Yahoo addresses.

Some are able to upload, others not (going by posts the past week).

testing and lifting firewall allowances.

No difference.

Transloading from an image url shows the same issues.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/Hotspur/boerswords.jpg 51.29 KB

Why that would ping my pc while transloading, I don't understand. This should load directly to a gallery without cycling through my pc (I would think but what do I know).

GC

test

Blog Entries
    testing a change in image attachments

Blog Entries

test

test

Blog Entries

I've made some changes to how attachments are uploaded

Hi.

I've made some changes to how attachments are uploaded. I would appreciate it greatly if people would try and upload pictures again and see if the changes have made a difference. If you are still having trouble please reply to this thread and we will work together to find a fix for this.

test

testing as a registered user

Sorry, no Ed. The same issues seem to prevail. Compare this snippet to what I posted previously. This time from Opera, the last from IE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fatal error:
    File system directory "[path]/attachments/1/1/7" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
    Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 849
    #0 vb_error_handler(256,
    File system directory "/home/mcdeath/public_html/swordforum/vb4/attachments/1/1/7" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
    Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata, /home/mcdeath/public_html/swordforum/vb4/includes/class_dm.php, 849, Array ([this] => vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata Object ([validfields] => Array ([attachmentid] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 3),[state] => Array ([0] => 7,[1] => 0),[counter] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[posthash] => Array ([0] => 7,[1] => 0,[2] => _-_mEtHoD_-_,[3] => verify_md5_alt),[contenttypeid] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 1),[contentid] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[caption] => Array ([0] => 13,[1] => 0),[reportthreadid] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[displayorder] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[userid] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 1),[dateline] => Array ([0] => 6,[1] => 2),[filename] => Array ([0] => 7,[1] => 1,[2] => _-_mEtHoD_-_,[3] => verify_filename),[filedata] => Array ([0] => 12,[1] => 0,[2] => _-_mEtHoD_-_),[filesize] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 1),[filehash] => Array ([0] => 7,[1] => 1,[2] => _-_mEtHoD_-_,[3] => verify_md5),[thumbnail] => Array ([0] => 12,[1] => 0,[2] => _-_mEtHoD_-_),[thumbnail_dateline] => Array ([0] => 6,[1] => 2),[thumbnail_filesize] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[extension] => Array ([0] => 7,[1] => 1),[refcount] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[width] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[height] => Array ([0] => 3,[1] => 0),[thumbnail...............>>>>>>>>etc
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I try every now again with the same results posted over the last few days. What I was seeing with the flash uploader showed exactly the same traffic on my FW screen. Today it ended with the error posted above when the request from the yahoo? server was being sent with no data being uploaded. Exactly the same, whichever way you are arranging the string.

I have seen some managing to upload and it really does seem intermittent. If you are looking for more than just my feedback, maybe put up a global inquiry, add it to the blog posted or put it on the front page. You might also put up a beta invitation as well for others to start albums, blogs or even an article. The Easter egg hunt isn't going to be worth many of their time in looking for possible capabilities.

Cheers

GC

edit

ps

you have the glowhost webhosting link shown twice on the bottom bar.
    Last edited by Glen C.; 05-12-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey thanks man!

"File system directory "/home/mcdeath/public_html/swordforum/vb4/attachments/1/1/7" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting."

I think I know what the problem might be.

Blog Entries
    @ Glenn C.

Could you please try again to upload a picture attachment? Thanks!

Glad to help. Have a Pepto-Bismol on me

Blog Entries
    Did it work ok for you then?

Looking to see if the auto-sizing will run and attachment placing via the paper-clip drop down

Name:  clausthal.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  92.6 KB

That one^^^ sized to (92.6 KB) by Shrink-Pic on my end

(466 KB) on my drive and this one was sized by the SFI system to 100.1

Name:  clausthal.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  100.1 KB

Stellar!!

That may still need clarification to the masses. The importance of follow through is understated.

Name:  dcp_1799.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  59.6 KB

It's not all smoke and mirrors as long as the stage is well set

Name:  dcp_1806.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  63.2 KB

So...away we go!!

Name:  000719-f-0000d-003.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  99.3 KB

Cheers