Blade Thickness 3 inches from Point: .095 inch
    Hilt Overall Length: 4-7/8 inches
    Pommel Type: n/a
    Guard Type: n/a
    Center of Gravity: 5-3/8 inches from base of blade
    Location of Blade Node (measured from base of blade): approx. 14-1/4 inches
    Primary Hilt Node: approx. 3/4 inch from base of blade on handle
    Weight: 2lbs.

Sword in the style of a Greek Kopis or early Roman Falcatta. Based on a drawing in Richard Burton's "Book of the Sword." The blade is 5160 spring steel and is differentially tempered to approx HRc58-60 st the cutting edge. The spine and tang are drawn to HRc45-48. The blase has a straight full-length distal taper makinf the sword very light and handy. The tang is the full profile of the handle. The grip scales are cross-sawn Mesquite wood and are secured with 5 brass pins. The handle works for moderately large hands but is best suited to small to medium hands. The sword will be provided with a leahter covered wooden scabbard with brass fittings.

This is the sort of sword that the Spartans might have really carried and fought with. It is also likely to be an ancestor to the famous Ghurka Kukri and possibly the Norse Scramasax. This modern interpretation of the classic design is very quick and agile in the hand and has excellent cutting power. Would be an excellent combination tool and weapon for field use, recreational cutting practice or even historic recreations.
    Tinkerswords.com Fine knives, swords and daggers in the style of the European Middle Ages and Viking Era

"Then, one night as my car was going backwards through a cornfield an ninety miles per hour, I had an epiphany..."

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Land of Sun and Stone, where the Free dwell...
    Sweet!
    Daring beyond power, risking against prudent advice and optimists in danger...
    Thucydides

i saw this through my email today
    I said
    "Yummm"

Here's the scabbard:
    Tinkerswords.com Fine knives, swords and daggers in the style of the European Middle Ages and Viking Era

"Then, one night as my car was going backwards through a cornfield an ninety miles per hour, I had an epiphany..."

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I like it a lot. Looks unusual but elegant - and lethal. Neat.

A.

Here's the second of the three swords:

Specs are pretty close to the first sword. I have one more blade of this type in the works...

Nicely done Tinker. I hope you continue to explore this sword type in the future.