Scagel style 'Persian' Fighter

Overall Length: 14-5/16 inches
    Blade Length: 9-1/4 inches
    Hilt Overall Length: 5-1/16 inches
    Blade width @ Base: 1-5/16 inch
    Blade Thickness at base: 1/4 inch
    Center of Gravity: 1 inch from base of blade
    Weight: 12.5 ounces
    Several decades ago this style of knife became known as a 'Persian' Fighter for some reason... you could call it an 'Elfin' Fighter and be as accurate frankly. Whatever it is it's a good-looking, functional fighting knife or camp knife (Hmmm... 'But honey- it's deer season! I need a new Camp Knife!') that feels great in the hand and exhibits superior cutting power for camp chores, building blinds etc.

The Blade is selectively hardened 5160 spring steel ground in a subtle convex curve from the spine to the extremely sharp zero-ground cutting edge. In it's present 'bright' finish it does not exhibit a noticeable temper-line but this should emerge as the knife naturally patinates in use. The blade is made in the style of the late Wm.Scagel with the tang inline with the spine of the blade. The tang extends through the handle to within approx. 5/8 inch of the tip of the handle.

The handle is composed of a brass guard secured and sealed with low-temperature silver solder, a section of beautifully figured Afzealia Burl wood (not a mistype- it's Afzelia, not Azelia) and a Lignum Vitae 'pommel.' The handle sections are epoxied to the tang which is notched to provide extra grip for the epoxy.

For more photos and information go to http://tinkerswords.com/forsale.html
    Tinkerswords.com Fine knives, swords and daggers in the style of the European Middle Ages and Viking Era

"Then, one night as my car was going backwards through a cornfield an ninety miles per hour, I had an epiphany..."

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Beautiful! You've been turning out some great looking knives lately.

really nice, i actully have a knife from Afghanistan with that same sort of profile, the cross section of the blade is different and lighter and the hilt meets up at perpendicular rather than at an angle

the finishing touches on this knife really make it stand out

Thank you both!
    Tinkerswords.com Fine knives, swords and daggers in the style of the European Middle Ages and Viking Era

"Then, one night as my car was going backwards through a cornfield an ninety miles per hour, I had an epiphany..."

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Good lord man! Another reason to drive to the house again (plus dropping off some "supplies").