Thread: pweld short goose quill dao

pweld short goose quill dao

Hello All,
    here is a 16.5" blade. 1080 and 15n20. hope you like. I may just sell as loose blade, or I may try to collab for fittings. I am not sure. I may even make the rest myself.

coments welcomed.

Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice blade Kevin.
    I suggest you finish it and make a nice rest to.
    show us the hows and dont's..pls.
    More Sweat In Training Less Blood In Combat
    My Site

I hope to get someone who is much more talented than me to make the fittings. This is too curved to be "right" for a goose quill saber. But, it is close. It should also have composite construction and a clay heat treatment. So, it is more of an American sword inspired by the Chinese goose quill dao. However, I think it is still a good, and visually-appealing blade. So, I am going to finish it.

Future blades will be increasingly-closer to historical accuracy, at least for awhile.

I will be sure to show more about the process for the next one. I hesitated with this one, because I first thought I would not show anything of it until it was complete and photo'd by professionals.

thanks for looking.

Kevin

Hello Everyone - as of now, it appears that I am going to work with Philip Tom to get the handle and sheath made and Charles Wu to make the fittings. These fellows are each the top-of-the-line. If there is anyone who is interested in a beautiful slicing dao short sword, and you want to have some say in the way the sheath and fittings are done, the contact me now! I am going to sell this package when done. If you would be interested, and want to have a say in having it truly customized, then contact me asap.

Otherwise, we will just do what we think looks best and historic (according to Philip's voluminous knowledge).
    kc

Thanks for sharing with us Kevin. I like the blade a lot. Looks great. Nice contrast. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    "If you can draw it, we can make it".
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

Matt Stagmer - Sword Maker @ BKS

www.Baltimoreknife.com
    www.Facebook.com/Baltimoreknife