Thread: Another new Conan movie, now with Arnold

Another new Conan movie, now with Arnold

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=770537

There you go, Conan fans. What say you?

There's a definite possibility there. I wonder if they have a younger actor playing the role of Conan's son (also called Conan) doing most of the action whilst Dad just twirls his sword and makes one-liners.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if it's successful we'll finally get the Red Sonja movie we were promised back in 2009.

Mhh interesting..66 year old babarian.
    More Sweat In Training Less Blood In Combat
    My Site

I too wonder if a younger actor would be more suitable at this point, but I'll certainly watch it either way.

Southern Maryland, for the last 350+ years; previously of the Danelaw.
    I met Arnold about 20+ years ago when he was head of the President's Council on Physical Fitness, which was located in the same building as the SEC. He was shorter than I but definitely physically imposing. Sort of like some Gunnery Sergeants I knew.
    Retired civil servant, part time blacksmith, seasonal Viking ship captain.

Thumbs up for me. I always wanted to see the story they hint of at the end of the original Connan.

If this gets made right, it will be epic...
    The sword was not forged to decorate walls or be a lifted signal of victory and dominance, but to cut flesh, bone and sinew, and kill. She is not an extension of your manhood, nor an expression of your selfhood. She is an Instrument of death. At her best she kills in Justice. If this notion is objectionable to you,and I do not for an instant suggest that you apply it, simply that you acknowledge its truth,then you should put away the sword forever

Another update--new Conan movie to be Arnold's "Unforgiven".

http://www.blastr.com/2014-1-30/cona...0%98unforgiven

Apparently Arnold will be 68 by the time they will start shooting. I wonder if they will adapt or expand any of Howard's stories to fit with an older Conan or if they will make something entirely new? Maybe something like "The Phoenix on the Sword" or "The Scarlet Citadel"? What would you all like to see in a new Conan movie?

A final showdown between old King Conan and Stygian Sorcerer Thoth-Amon would be fun to watch; or an adaptation of "The Hour of The Dragon", though I think that story needs a Conan slightly younger than Arnie.
    "The relationship between West(Occident) and East(Orient) is indeed an example of a relationship of power and domination. Orientalism is thus a style of thought based upon an ontological and epistemological distinction made between the Orient and the Occident. It is a Western style of dominating, restructuring and building hegemony over the Orient.İt is an accepted grid for filtering through the Orient into Western consciousness, into the general culture."
    From "Orientalism" by Edward Said

I have not yet read "The Hour of The Dragon", but apparently it has a plot nearly identical to "The Scarlet Citadel", so I could see it working quite well for an older Conan.

Another year has passed, so here is another update... sort of.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/conan...e-title-change

This movie just wont quit. I would be excited to see the Atlantean back on screen.